EggyBread

Pan that Palette 2015

I am going to try to pan IT cosmetics naturally pretty palette in the holiday limited edition version.  Here are my starting photos!  Best of luck to everyone here and I am so excited for my first month check in and to see everyone else's progress!

post-112232-0-85933300-1420255927_thumb.jpg

post-112232-0-82089200-1420255942_thumb.jpg

post-112232-0-12127900-1420255958_thumb.jpg

post-112232-0-09768900-1420255974_thumb.jpg

post-112232-0-70825100-1420255986_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I'm joining in. This year I want to pan my too faced glamour to go palette, It only has 8 eyeshadow shades and they're relatively small, but I feel like it would still be a challenge.

I originally bought it for travel because the size is so small, and the colours (save for the black) right up my alley. But even though I travel up to my parents every weekend and frequently stay over at people. I just never really bother to put on eyeshadow, so I'm really going to focus on that. The bronzer was heavily used but it broke on my and i had to toss the bits because they were getting all over my purse, and the lipgloss i scraped out, it had become gross, and I don't like lipgloss. The blush I will also try to pan this year.

I'm also tossing in a shattered wet 'n wild nutty eyeshadow, I put in an empty loose powder sifter container.

For the first month i'm going to focus on that shadow mainly, I'll take pictures tomorrow.

• Like 2

I forgot to take a picture of my Urban Decay Naked Palette at the beginning of January; however the palette had been touched maybe 3 or 4 times before this challenge started, so that gives you an idea of what it looks like... practically brand new! :blush: I think I'm going to post a picture every few months or so to track my progress. I haven't decided yet.

Is everyone else having a hard time wearing eye shadow everyday? I've only worn eye shadow 3 days so far  :(  

• Like 1

Is everyone else having a hard time wearing eye shadow everyday? I've only worn eye shadow 3 days so far :(

I don't wear it on the weekends.  There's something strange about the idea of wearing eyeshadow when I'm at home in my PJs.  So I'm only wearing it for the second day today.

• Like 2

Is everyone else having a hard time wearing eye shadow everyday? I've only worn eye shadow 3 days so far :(

I've worn it 4 days. I am now a (mostly) online instructor for a masters level program. I have an office on campus but who wants to get out of PJs when you don't have to? I go to meetings a couple times a week (thus in makeup) and I've been playing with my brighter colors on the weekends when my husband and I go out. I certainly do not live in the world of wearing makeup everyday- and I never will!

• Like 3

Here are the pics of mine! I know it looks like a lot, but like I said, I'm more looking to figure out if any of these are worth using, so I'm reserving the right to trash any that are...well, trash.

Edit: And can I just say I love that you can see the impression of the quarter I used to press these with? Even through the tissue it kept the image!

I love that you can see the indentations of the quarter as well! So cool!

I am going to try to pan IT cosmetics naturally pretty palette in the holiday limited edition version.  Here are my starting photos!  Best of luck to everyone here and I am so excited for my first month check in and to see everyone else's progress!

That's such a cool palette.

I forgot to take a picture of my Urban Decay Naked Palette at the beginning of January; however the palette had been touched maybe 3 or 4 times before this challenge started, so that gives you an idea of what it looks like... practically brand new! :blush: I think I'm going to post a picture every few months or so to track my progress. I haven't decided yet.

Is everyone else having a hard time wearing eye shadow everyday? I've only worn eye shadow 3 days so far  :(  

I am.... I've never been good at eyeshadow- I feel like it looks weird on me, and I can only wear a few colors and in certain ways, so ... it's definitely taking me out of my comfort zone, but that's ok!

I'm actually planning on using a matte taupe-brown color to fill in around my hairline where I've had some hair loss due to stress. I bet I can use up that color super fast!!!

I'm also planning on making myself some customized face charts and I'll put my eyeshadow on that to plan out looks, and also maybe even practice other eye looks on the weekends or in the evening, and practice contouring with my grey and brown eyeshadows.

I hope that helps me use them up more! I'm lining my eyes with the dark brown color in my palette- I don't know what to do with the dark purple or black yet... black eyeliner doesn't look good on me.... and lining only takes so much.

• Like 1

I've never been good at eyeshadow- I feel like it looks weird on me, and I can only wear a few colors and in certain ways, so ... it's definitely taking me out of my comfort zone, but that's ok!

I think a lot of us are not as confident in our makeup game as we would like to be, so I think the face charts are a great idea!

I've been trying to watch some youtube videos to build my confidence and practicing on the weekend has helped me a lot too.

Edited by seagirl

How's everybody doing? 

Update time!

I'm not wearing makeup today because my skin feels and looks so good (for me, anyway) but I wanted to post an updated photo of my palette after the first 12 days of the year. I think I only used it 10 out of the 12 days.

post-106027-0-60052700-1421178920_thumb.jpg

BEFORE- December, 2014

post-106027-0-50189400-1421178855_thumb.jpg

AFTER- 13 days of use. I even used the purple shade a little. And the black. But those are the least-used shades of the palette.

I'll try to use this palette more often... and at least every weekday.

I think a lot of us are not as confident in our makeup game as we would like to be, so I think the face charts are a great idea!

I've been trying to watch some youtube videos to build my confidence and practicing on the weekend has helped me a lot too.

I will try to do the facecharts this weekend if I don't go out of town with my family. We'll see!!

In the beginning of the month I watched youtube videos specific to my palette that I'm panning and it helped, but I fear the palette is just not very versatile and well, it's probably not the best choice for a palette to pan, but I don't mind. I like the challenge of tring things differently with only 8 shades.

Edited by eastofthesun

Here's where I'm at. Wearing 3-4 shades at a time and averaging putting on makeup way more than ever before. It's the 15th and I've worn makeup 11 days so far if I've counted correctly.

Anyway please send good mojo my way today. My cat has to be put to sleep this evening and after 11.5 years... well it isn't easy. Today makeup was put on but not much is left. And I was smart enough to skip the mascara.

post-118169-0-60092600-1421351687_thumb.jpg

post-118169-0-84496400-1421351715_thumb.jpg

post-118169-0-78486300-1421351751_thumb.jpg

Here's where I'm at. Wearing 3-4 shades at a time and averaging putting on makeup way more than ever before. It's the 15th and I've worn makeup 11 days so far if I've counted correctly.

Anyway please send good mojo my way today. My cat has to be put to sleep this evening and after 11.5 years... well it isn't easy. Today makeup was put on but not much is left. And I was smart enough to skip the mascara.

Oh my god, I am so sorry that you have to put your cat to sleep. I am so, so, sorry. I know that is one of the toughest things to have to decide for your pet, much less have to go through. I'm thinking of you and your poor kitty. 11.5 years is such a good life for a cat- I'm glad he/she had such a good home with you during that time. I can't express how sorry I am you  have to go through this, but I can tell you I've had to do this before with a 13 year old cat, and it's just horrible. :( My thoughts and prayers are with you and your cat.

• Like 1

My cat isn't doing so well either (got him in 2001) so I can totally relate.  We have had a lot of vet scares this year and it's so sad every time.  I am so sorry that you are going through this!  He's a handsome little guy, I love black cats. 

• Like 1

I'm so sorry that you're losing your friend. Thinking of you.

• Like 1

@@eastofthesun @@lauradiniwilk @@Natasha01

Thanks so much girls. It's been a day for sure. I know it's okay for me to be a hot mess when my husband has cried a couple times. But reading MUT has helped me through dark days before and it will again. I appreciate the kind words, prayers, and fellowship from everyone. For being semi-strangers this is definitely a place where I can go to smile :-)

Okay enough for the sappy stuff - my less affectionate cat is going to have to just suck up the hugs and kisses for now :-) She is the one in my icon picture :-)

• Like 4

My cat isn't doing so well either (got him in 2001) so I can totally relate.  We have had a lot of vet scares this year and it's so sad every time.  I am so sorry that you are going through this!  He's a handsome little guy, I love black cats. 

I'm sorry to hear your kitty isn't doing well either. :( My cat right now is relatively young (5 years) but he's getting attacked by our neighbor's cat frequently so I'm always taking him to the vet. I want to keep  him inside, but he won't have any of it.

@@eastofthesun @@lauradiniwilk @@Natasha01

Thanks so much girls. It's been a day for sure. I know it's okay for me to be a hot mess when my husband has cried a couple times. But reading MUT has helped me through dark days before and it will again. I appreciate the kind words, prayers, and fellowship from everyone. For being semi-strangers this is definitely a place where I can go to smile :-)

Okay enough for the sappy stuff - my less affectionate cat is going to have to just suck up the hugs and kisses for now :-) She is the one in my icon picture :-)

Awww, I'm glad we could help you feel a little better. I'm thinking of you today. Still so sorry that you have to go through this. Yes, your less affectionate cat will have to deal with it! I hope she doesn't miss him too much too. That really got to me when I lost my last cat. His brother was always searching for him and it made me just break down so much after. I hope that you don't have that happen, it makes it really hard to heal. Again, so sorry for your loss! ((HUGS))

Hey I wanted to ask you guys- on the topic of eyeshadow, do you find your shadows getting kind of oily? I don't have super oily lids, but I feel like I've been kind of... getting my palette a little dirty. Yuck. Sorry for the imagery, but the blush especially. I guess I need to be more adamant about cleaning my brushes. Do you ladies ever clean your palettes? I was thinking about spraying mine down with 90% alcohol this weekend since I got them kind of oily.... and then gently wiping them with a tissue. The bonus of this would be you also use it up faster, and are sanitary!!! YAY!

I found an article on cleaning makeup: http://www.xovain.com/how-to/clean-and-preserve-your-makeup

And here's a video by a different person:

Do any of you clean your eyeshadow palettes?

So sorry....(((hugs)))

And (((hugs))) to everybody else's fur babies!!! They are our kids!

• Like 2

Anyway please send good mojo my way today. My cat has to be put to sleep this evening and after 11.5 years... well it isn't easy.

I am so sorry to hear that.  I know how hard it is to make that decision and I'm guilty of hanging on too long in the past.

• Like 1

Do you ladies ever clean your palettes?

I clean brushes every weekend and recently came up with the idea to mount clothespins so that I can quit setting up my absurd drying towel system. Clothespins can hold them upside-down so they dry properly. Yay!

Anyway, I am slightly obsessive about keeping the plastic of my palettes clean and have spritzed with alcohol maybe once every other month after reading about how you folks re-pan shadows so I figured it wouldn't hurt. I've never gone so far as to scrape off the top of them or anything but I'm definitely giving it some thought now!

• Like 1

@ SneakyBuritto @ crazycatlady82

Thanks girls :-)

It's been rough but he definitely was a member of the family. We got him right after we were married and we don't have kids. Quite different around here.

@ lauradiniwilk I'm so sorry to hear about your cat too. It's just not easy when you let yourself get close to them.

Now back to the makeup...

I feel like I need an AA group. I fell off the wagon and went out of the house today with nothing on my face. Not even lip balm. While I'm frustrated at myself for not taking the time on a day when I definitely had it, I'm trying to focus on the positive that this is the first day that I've done it this year.

*AA members nodding in understanding and clapping at my ability to turn it into a positive.*

My head still isn't screwed back on quite right yet ;-) Work in progress.

I clean brushes every weekend and recently came up with the idea to mount clothespins so that I can quit setting up my absurd drying towel system. Clothespins can hold them upside-down so they dry properly. Yay!

Anyway, I am slightly obsessive about keeping the plastic of my palettes clean and have spritzed with alcohol maybe once every other month after reading about how you folks re-pan shadows so I figured it wouldn't hurt. I've never gone so far as to scrape off the top of them or anything but I'm definitely giving it some thought now!

For brushes I loop hair ties around the towel rack, it's amazing. Every once in a while I'll take a baby wipe to a palette but I don't use the majority of them enough for them to get to terribly dirty (hence me joining this topic recently, I still need to pick one to pan). My NARS palettes have looked filthy since day 1, but I know they get all messed up if you try to wipe them with alcohol thanks to pinksofoxy on YouTube.

Hey seagirl! Hope you're feeling a bit better this weekend. That clothespin idea is brilliant! I used to do a lengthy towel set-up too, but there is never enough space! I'm so going to use your idea!!! I need to wash some brushes tomorrow.

I am so sorry to hear that.  I know how hard it is to make that decision and I'm guilty of hanging on too long in the past.

(hugs) It's really hard to make that decision. My family waited too long before too, and it's just so sad.

@ SneakyBuritto @ crazycatlady82

Thanks girls :-)

It's been rough but he definitely was a member of the family. We got him right after we were married and we don't have kids. Quite different around here.

@ lauradiniwilk I'm so sorry to hear about your cat too. It's just not easy when you let yourself get close to them.

Now back to the makeup...

I feel like I need an AA group. I fell off the wagon and went out of the house today with nothing on my face. Not even lip balm. While I'm frustrated at myself for not taking the time on a day when I definitely had it, I'm trying to focus on the positive that this is the first day that I've done it this year.

*AA members nodding in understanding and clapping at my ability to turn it into a positive.*

My head still isn't screwed back on quite right yet ;-) Work in progress.

I love how you turned it into a positive. Plus, don't be too hard on yourself- it's really hard to put time into your looks when you're hurting so much inside. (hugs)

For brushes I loop hair ties around the towel rack, it's amazing. Every once in a while I'll take a baby wipe to a palette but I don't use the majority of them enough for them to get to terribly dirty (hence me joining this topic recently, I still need to pick one to pan). My NARS palettes have looked filthy since day 1, but I know they get all messed up if you try to wipe them with alcohol thanks to pinksofoxy on YouTube.

Oh, I didn't know that about NARS palettes and alcohol. Good to know, thanks!

Also, I can't picture the hair tie thing, could you explain more or take a pic? Sounds like a great idea!

Ok I changed my mind about panning my unzipped palette. I'm gonna put it away for a good long while.

I've already hit pan on 3 of the shadows from Naked 3. I love that palette but my hubby surprised me with the naked 2 palette for Christmas and to my surprise it's my all time favorite!

Soooo...just for fun, I'm going to post pics of both palettes & see how much I've used by the end of the year. My goal is to hit pan not finish the entire palette. I love them too much.

Naked 3 has been used for a year.

Naked 2 is brand new (only had it for less than a month)

post-100053-0-31382100-1421711230_thumb.jpg

post-100053-0-93931100-1421711262_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I have been panning my MUA heaven and earth palette since september and I will share my experience so far.

What I have learned:

- Eyeshadows take forever to finish.

- Even though I said that I would use any eyeshadows from my collection every other week I have only used other shadows a handful of times. (Due to my determination to finish this palette)

- I have neglected all the other beautiful shadows that I own.

I have decided to put pan that palette on hold for a while. I currently own 104 eyeshadows, and I don't want to have 92 of them sittning unused in a drawer while I try to use up 12. I want to enjoy every eyeshadow application, instead of being bored of the shadows I use when I have so many more shades to choose from. In my post back in september I said that I wouldn't buy any new eyeshadows until I use up the entire palette. I have kept this and I will continue to be on an eyeshadow no buy until this palette is used up, even if it takes three, four or five years instead of one.

I wish all of you the best of luck with your projects.

Edited by Huds