Best Products for adding Volume to Hair

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Aloha Beauty Gurus!

I'm not as enthusiastic about my hair as I am about makeup. However, I've finally have a place to ask this...Can anybody tell me of a few good hair products that will add volume to my hair?

I'm really low maintenance when it comes to my hair, but I'd really like to add some life (and personality) to how my head looks.

Please share!

Mahalo!

Try Batiste Dry Shampoo Big and Bouncy XXL Volume. Dry shampoo is great for creating volume . Also I find the L'Oreal Elvive Triple Resist range is great for giving my hair volume even on the second day. Not related to products, try a side path and blow dry it on the opposite direction for a few seconds it will give you loads of volume.

Have you tired Suave Professionals Volumizing Root Boost Spray? I used this to volumized my hair and at the same time, it doesn't make my hair dry or out of control. Plus you'll love it because it is not too costly.

If you are blowdrying your hair in the morning try putting a volumizing spray in. Redken has a great one called Rootfull 06 and blow dry your hair in the opposite direction in which it lays (drying the rots this way not your ends).

If you are interesting in backcombing your hair instead of a hairspray Redken has come out with a product to replace hairspray for this and it is called Quick Tease so before you backcomb your section spray this in. Quick Tease has a little bit more texture then your average spray and is not as crunchy.

If you are wanting something to put onto your roots just to give you a dry lift without backcombing and blowdrying i would suggest Kevin Murphy's Powder Puff which is a transparent powder that has a gritty texture. You sprinkle this onto your roots where you are looking for volume, toss your head up-side-down and rough your hands through your roots to distribute your product and froth your hair to create volume. Powder Puff is also a good replacement for hairspray in the case of backcombing also.

If you find this post has helped you out and are looking for other simple solutions to clients problems that stylists hear day to day take a look at [personal blog link removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back