Younique products

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So you know how Younique reps are always on Facebook and other sites peddling their products? Well, someone in the Ipsy group posted a link to a site called Port Examiner which essentially allows a person to view the import records for companies. I've been having a blast looking up companies who import from China and other Asian countries finding in many cases the manufacturers from whom these companies buy from.

So Younique imports from Shenzhen Vegar Cosmetics Co, LTD. Shenzhen Vegar makes their 3D Fiber Mascara and the loose pigments. Cost per mascara? Under $3, retail price over $20. They use several other companies in China as well. So their "unique" mascara is not unique since it's OEM.

Bottom line folks, when you see people peddle the Younique products keep in mind that the company is not that unique as the products are coming from Chinese manufacturers who can make the same products for other companies. Always research first, when possible, before you drop $10, $15 or $25 on a product from a company you never heard before or whose company relies on sells people to promote the product.

Bottom line folks, when you see people peddle the Younique products keep in mind that the company is not that unique as the products are coming from Chinese manufacturers who can make the same products for other companies.

Such good advice. So many companies are trying to piggy back off of the success of other brands by using PLMs with a huge mark up. Not worth it!!!

Thanks for posting. I nearly bought the Younique 3D mascara last week from a friend who "hosted" an "online party" on Facebook since she posted pictures of her own usage and the effect was nice. I just balked when the price was almost $30 with shipping. If I'm buying $30 mascara it better be high-end, not...Younique. 

Thanks for posting. I nearly bought the Younique 3D mascara last week from a friend who "hosted" an "online party" on Facebook since she posted pictures of her own usage and the effect was nice. I just balked when the price was almost $30 with shipping. If I'm buying $30 mascara it better be high-end, not...Younique. 
Seriously, for that price you can get Guerlain or YSL 0_0

Wait, holy moly that stuff is $30? Uhm, no thank you. Not only do I hate fiber mascara because my eyes are so sensitive, I can buy high-end mascaras for as much or cheaper. Seriously, that is nuts. :blink:

Yeah, you can get the Double Extend L'Oreal stuff for 10 bucks and it works really well if you like fiber mascaras. I'll pass on spending 30 for this junk.  Not a fan of these companies at all.

This is very interesting. If I weren't so tired I'd actually start using this site and figuring out all the connections. 

The 3-D lash stuff has never looked appealing. It always looked very cheep, clumpy, and spidery in every picture I saw on. I'm surprised anyone would buy it for that price. 

lol when I was looking at the new content, this post was RIGHT NEXT to someone trying to sell this crap in the BST section and for a moment I thought "oh god, they've taken over".

Seriously find their endless number of salespeople I find ALL OVER THE INTERNET so annoying that I wouldn't buy it if it cost a dollar, haha.

Do they get some major perks or something? Because I have never seen any other company spam the world as much as this one. I work with people who sell mary kay and avon and I STILL see/hear 10 times more younique crap. lol.
You know, I have no clue, I'm gonna go check out now because I totally agree that I see it spammed WAYY more than MK and Avon.

Perks you get as a seller/consultant (i got them from a website which i won't post but can be found easily):

• starter "presenter kit" with a bunch of stuff in it (but you have to pay like $99? wtf lmao)
  • commission - you get a younique debit card/bank account and you can transfer your earnings to your regular bank account?? "In addition to sales commissions and referral bonuses, you can also earn product royalties if you suggest a product idea and it gets chosen." (yeah because the odds of that happening are good)
  • promises of leadership growth because its such a "new company"
i'm slightly tipsy post dinner with the fam so i might be snarkier than usual but it sounds very much pyramid scheme-esque to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back