jesemiaud

Birchbox January 2015 (Spoilers)

So the cheat has to be wrong like I mentioned, because it's showing like three things I've already received. 

But my box is now loading in the app, and is showing the same thing.

But that can't be right, right? I've received those things before so I can't get them again...I hope!

So the cheat has to be wrong like I mentioned, because it's showing like three things I've already received. 

But my box is now loading in the app, and is showing the same thing.

But that can't be right, right? I've received those things before so I can't get them again...I hope!

I'm in the same boat...I have 2 products I already received (and didn't like either of them!) 

Really hoping it changes :(

My box uploaded yesterday and it's a snooze. I got:

- nelson j healing mask - if i get one more hair mask, i'll scream.

- my pys, the rosemary body lotion. i chose it b/c i don't know what rosemary smells like

- mirenesse lip rouge - let's see how this works out

- harvey prince hello liquid loofah - if i get one more harvey prince item i will scream. i got the perfume sample, the shampoo, the conditioner, and now the bodywash. i also got ageless in my pick two yesterday. stop trying to force me to like this brand birchbox!

- christian siriano perfume - i liked his shoes at payless, but let's see how his perfume smells.

• Like 1

This is what the cheat is showing for my box:

LAFresh nail polish remover wipes
100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Mascara
Grand Central Beauty S.M.A.R.T. Skin Perfecting™ Polisher
Under Armour Braided Mini Headbands - 3 Pack
Serge Normant Meta Revive Dry Conditioner

I'm really meh about all of the potential products.  Polish wipes is boring, I have tons of mascara, don't have high hopes for the skin polisher, I guess I can toss the headband on my treadmill, and I got the dry conditioner last February.  

I don't know what I was hoping to get in BB, but I'm wondering if I'm getting burnt out with them because my boxes seems to be really skin and hair care heavy.

My R+ R box showed up this morning! Pretty happy with it (I had forgotten what was in it, haha).

attachicon.gifScreenshot 2015-01-07 at 11.25.17 AM.png

Always happy to get tea <3

Excited about the sheet mask...these are overpriced but I am so happy to try it. 

The body butter doesn't smell great but is nice and thick, will be great for my feet and elbows and hands!

I've used the Briogeo before and liked it, always need a hair mask.

I am an eye cream fiend and this one is a good size, happy about it!

I love the Manna Kadar...I wear Lucky all the time and this is a pretty shade, too, a bit darker than Lucky.

Overall,a good box :)

Do you know specifically what shade you got in the Manna Kadar Lip Locked? i'm supposed to be getting it as well.

Has anyone else's Mirenesse's Lip Rouge come with the applicator looking kinda tacky, like its either been used before or just poorly made? I haven't used it, but I'm afraid to put it up for swap because I don't want people thinking they got a used product. I'll try to attach a picture below.

post-106764-0-60852800-1420655066_thumb.jpg

Edited by chocolatesauce2

Meh.  I'm not super excited about this month.  I didn't do PYS (missed the email in all the holiday stuff going on), so it was just luck of the draw.  My last several boxes have been pretty good, so I can't complain really.  I'm a little tired of CC and BB creams every month though.

Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk

Sumita Brow Pencil

SuperGoop! Daily Correct CC cream

Tocca hand cream

Harvey Prince Hello liquid loofah

I have a clicky truck, but the tracking isn't valid yet.

Do you know specifically what shade you got in the Manna Kadar Lip Locked? i'm supposed to be getting it as well.

The shade is All of Me and it's on the card so I'm assuming all will be getting this shade.

Has anyone else's Mirenesse's Lip Rouge come with the applicator looking kinda tacky, like its either been used before or just poorly made? I haven't used it, but I'm afraid to put it up for swap because I don't want people thinking they got a used product. I'll try to attach a picture below.

I got mine as a gift and it looks like that, but the formula is just a different kind of formula so I don't think there's anything wrong with it. The shape of the applicator is just different than most, but I found it works really well and is nice!

• Like 2

I chose Tocca on my main, and nothing on my secondary. I am getting the same box as you on secondary and the main is only showing 4 products so far. I hope a 5th product shows up!

Box twins, I'm so disappointed with this month. Guess you can't win them all. :[

For those whose box was showing samples they had previously gotten. On my laptop via the cheat it still shows the wrong box, but I just looked on the phone app and the box has totally changed. The new box has no repeats and my PYS is there.I hope this one is what I am getting.

New box on app:

Sumita brow pencil

Rosemary lotion- my PYS

Sweet science invisible daily tint spf 35

when sheet mask

Key west facial cleanser

• Like 3

SO MAD! got my r&r box today and its missing the wonder eye cream! that and the mask was what i was most excited for :( at least i did get the mask  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :scared:

The shade is All of Me and it's on the card so I'm assuming all will be getting this shade.

Thanks for responding. What a bummer. I'm so sick of pale pinkish toned lipglosses and lipsticks. I always look like a clown in them. Why is that the only color they send out???!

Edited by chocolatesauce2
  • Like 2

Thanks for responding. What a bummer. I'm so sick of pale pinkish toned lipglosses and lipsticks. I always look like a clown in them. Why is that the only color they send out???!

I usually get reds (which I do wear, but not terribly often).  THis one isn't as light as the last one though! You might be able to wear it! 

I took a swatch on my hand and one on my lips, so you can see if maybe the color will work for you. :)

post-83056-0-57695700-1420661183_thumb.jpg

post-83056-0-64776100-1420661184_thumb.jpg

(messy and I'm having a bad skin week, but you get the idea).

• Like 9

For those whose box was showing samples they had previously gotten. On my laptop via the cheat it still shows the wrong box, but I just looked on the phone app and the box has totally changed. The new box has no repeats and my PYS is there.I hope this one is what I am getting.

New box on app:

Sumita brow pencil

Rosemary lotion- my PYS

when sheet mask

Key west facial cleanser

Mine still shows my duplicates, but I'm happy yours doesn't! It gives me hope :)

I usually get reds (which I do wear, but not terribly often).  THis one isn't as light as the last one though! You might be able to wear it! 

I took a swatch on my hand and one on my lips, so you can see if maybe the color will work for you. :)

attachicon.gifIMG_9653.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_9655.JPG

(messy and I'm having a bad skin week, but you get the idea).

That color looks really awesome on you-I'm super jealous!

• Like 2

I got my box today.  While its not my favorite because it has Shampoo and Conditioner, I am happy with the product sizes.  At least these two items would look good in a gift basket that I make for someone. 

I judge a box on whether I can use the contents or share the contents without embarrassment.  ;)

• Like 5

New box on app:

Sumita brow pencil

Rosemary lotion- my PYS

when sheet mask

Key west facial cleanser

Okay my app is showing the exact same contents as yours haha! I didn't pick a sample though so mine could have been anything. 

Interesting! My box completely changed (for the better!). Now I'm getting the brow pencil (yay!), rosemary lotion, Key West face wash, When sheet mask, and Sweet Science tint. I am actually looking forward to ALL of the products!

Funny, I'd LOVE to get the pinkish toned lipglosses and lipstick but I tend to get deep red, dark purple or coral/red which I look clownish in! :)

Funny, I'd LOVE to get the pinkish toned lipglosses and lipstick but I tend to get deep red, dark purple or coral/red which I look clownish in! :)

I look awful in red lipstick/gloss. Not me.

• Like 1

I look awful in red lipstick/gloss. Not me.

so do I. That is why I don't know why I keep getting them. :(

• Like 2

I got my R & R box today. Shipping said it would be next Monday, lol. I really like everything in it...great sizes for everything.