littlemissnurse

Ipsy March 2015-spoilers

I have never had eye shadow checked and I've gotten it many, many times. Very disappointing when there are other choices each month!

Well, that's a huge let down lol

• Like 1

i really hope ipsy steps it up this month, or i think im gonna cancel if i dont like it, no point is holding  spot for someone whos on the waiting list right? keep jumping on hoping someone has a good sneak peek lol 

I really hope that I get one of the lipsticks!  I will be okay with the brown shadow but not the gold.  I have already had a gold shadow every single month that I have been subscribed! (3x in a row) Ideally, they will send me that nude lipstick, but I would be happy to try any.

As for the ipsy site update, I love that they made optimizations allowing for better use with mobile because seriously doesn't everyone use their phones(?!), but I don't like that you can no longer discuss the products with other members on the site -I enjoy instagram but it's not the same.

Edited by Merra
  • Like 2

I am currently in "no buy" mode except for my 2 subs, ipsy and birchbox.  Lip products are my favorite and so I really, really want to get one of the lipsticks!  I have more than enough eyeshadow (and lipstick but idk). I am still considering cancelling ipsy but no buy has made me weak.  Suddenly, everything looks exciting and sparkly... 

I have never had eye shadow checked and I've gotten it many, many times. Very disappointing when there are other choices each month!

Do you have a lot of stuff checked off on the quiz? They say less is more. I went back and redid my quiz and only checked a couple of things, my bags have been a lot better since then.

I have trouble with my quiz,,,my tablet is bad, Im not sure if its the shaded answers are the ones I picked or didnt pick

I have trouble with my quiz,,,my tablet is bad, Im not sure if its the shaded answers are the ones I picked or didnt pick

I was having the same problem so I emailed Ipsy. Lol here is their response: 

Hi Christine,

Thanks for writing to ipsyCare! If select an item, it will become the solid, original color of the picture and turn pink behind the text. The dimmed items are what you do not have selected. Make sure you go all the way to the end where your username and date of birth appears and click "Update Profile" to save!

Have a wonderful day!

Hope it helps! =]

Kinda pretty bag.

Not sure how I feel about the contents lol.

Hair oil. Concealer. Concealer brush. Mary Kay lip stick. Teal eyeliner. I like the pink polish but I have tons.

I like that you can just see all the items in the bonus shop at once. It used to make you click through the items slowly. 

I also like how you can see the different bags scrolled across the top.  Seems pretty cool so far!  :)

They flashed a shot of the Chella ivory lace pencil. I wonder if they are sending that out in the bags. I got it as a points perk and it's awesome!

They are sending it out!!! I hope you ladies get it:)

post-110629-0-34687800-1425242048_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tiffanytinsw

ooh hope i get the chella pencil or nail polish! i do NOT want that teal eyeliner or hair oil. PLEASE, ipsy - this is our last bag. make it a good one!!!!

I really like the bag.  The teal eyeliner would be fine, the nail polish would be nice, it looked like a lipstick was in there, but that could have been the NYX one.  I really do not want a hair oil.  I have a full size Beauty Protector hair oil and about 8 other sample size ones so I am pretty well set for hair oils.  I have a Chella Ivory lace pencil but I have no idea what to do with it so it sits in my cup of eyeliners and mocks me.

I think I spotted the bag half way through the video. It's blue and doesn't look floral at all. I was hoping for cute tiny flowers like Victorian wall paper. I am extremely tempted to crack jokes about the video, but pretty sure I will get some bad Ipsy karma if I do. 

The Chella pencil is amazing, I hope everyone who hasn't already received one gets it! Hell, I wouldn't even mind getting a second one, my first one is down to a stub XD

@@Jen51 - You can use the Chella pencil for all sorts of things. I use it under my brows for a bit of a lift, a streak along each cheekbone and down my nose for a subtle non-shimmery highlight. You can use it as an eyeshadow base too.

• Like 1

Here is a photo of the Floral Fantasy glam bag (I read that someone had only caught a glance of it in the video!) 

I think the bag is pretty, ish. ;)  I like that it has a blue ipsy zipper pull.  The design looks kind of 80's to me.  I do like that it's different.  Curious to see how it will look in person!

Of the makeup spoilers shown so far I most want the pink lipstick or the pink polish.  I hope that I get everything Christen Dominique had, I loved her pink floral look.  She's my favorite stylist and often has a romantic look which is my favorite. (I selected bridal for my signature look on the quiz, lmfao.) I would be happy with many of the offerings though.  I also like the highlighter, the liner, the brush, and concealer (if it's light).  The only thing that I saw and said "please no" was the hair product. 0:)

post-118162-0-24161700-1425301801_thumb.jpg

Edited by Merra
  • Like 2

Do you have a lot of stuff checked off on the quiz? They say less is more. I went back and redid my quiz and only checked a couple of things, my bags have been a lot better since then.

I don't think I have a lot of things.  I am checked off as 'professional' style now but I just changed from 'simple'.  The thing that I have no clue about is the designers.  I have checked Michelle because that looked the most minimal.  I read somewhere that you could look up the different designers on youtube but I couldn't find them.  If anyone knows the how they impact the box (individually or in general), I would appreciate the knowledge.  For make up I have checked off:  primer/bb cream, lipstick, lip gloss and brushes.  For skin care I have checked off:  cleanser, moisturizer, treatment, masks, body lotion, bath/shower gels.  (Hmm... maybe that is a lot/too much?)  For describe hair, I have only checked needs volume.  

What do you think?  Do I have too much checked?  Suggestions appreciated.

Did they take away the forum on the new site?  I haven't been a member long but I remember clicking on a product in my bag, seeing other comments and trading the product I didn't like.

Gone?  No?  Where is it, then?

Thanks!

SPOILER #1 ALERT11043022_807262275987762_672837847976924

Like the bag that was posted.  Please, no eye shadow--especially with sparkle and no polish or concealer that is not light.  Thank you Ipsy powers that be.....