Sign in to follow this  
tacatonmi

Passionate about sfx, want to start- but need some help and guidance!

hello! I am tasha and I am really passionate about special effects makeup and practice it all the time with regular makeup and various things around the house, but recently i've come to the realization that it is something i would really honestly love to pursue as a career and learn everything i can! i already watch tons of youtube tutorials and am just obsessed with it all basically, but i really want to surround myself with it and give it my all. 

i am 23 and live in orlando florida- i am at a point in my life where i feel like i have reached a dead end here and am looking for a fresh start anyways.

i know that there are little things i could do here in orlando that could help me- but other than halloween horror nights which is only once a year, i have researched schools and such and there really nothing legit for such a specific field.

realistically if i gave myself enough time (i was thinking 1 year) to save money and sort out things/find roommates/way to make money/etc., i could just pack the few things i own and move to a better-suited-for-the-industry type of city. my question about that though is- what school would honestly be the best and most worth my money? and should i be set on moving to L.A. or the New York area? If anyone has any experience in this subject- I need your help, because I don't know anyone in the industry- and I really am super passionate and feel motivated to pursue this! Thank you!

p.s. there is a possibility that my sister would move with me- share rent, but it's not for sure. 

AND i have heard a lot about Cinema makeup school in L.A., has anyone gone there? is it a waste of money or worth it?

THANK YOU!!! 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• NARS Cosmetics Shop Cargo Cosmetics Today!

• Your skincare routine should involve the following  1. CLEANSE- Thats the main part of any routine. Cleanse two times a day-once in morning and other in evening. 2. MOISTURE- The key to any healthy skin is by moisturizing it daily. ,  3. PROTECTION AGAINST THE SUN- Protection against the sun is the most important for oily skin. I would recommend you to use  water-based sunscreen as oil based sunscreens make you look greasy. And the do's other than this -Remove makeup before going to bed Keep your skin and body always hydrated by drinking plenty of water and eating fruits and vegetables that are highly rich in water.  
    • Makeup items and cooking recipes are essential part for every women in this world because they are really attached with their daily activity.
    • Smashbox photo finish primer! Smart choice, I LOVE IT! I also love Touchinsol no porelem primer. I really couldn’t live without either of them. I like to switch them up so my skin doesn’t get used to either one. 
    • I 100% agree! I feel as if makeup is my armor.  It makes me feel confident and in turn that makes me happy. Make up really does boost my mood and takes away some of my self hate. 
    • https://colourpop.com/ and https://www.morphe.com/ have great quality makeup for the price. I recommend maybe aN eyeshadow palette, a matching color lipgloss/lipstick and mascara. All these will be easy to find online. Colourpop has free shipping if you spend over $25, I believe. Morphe I think it is free shipping over $75.  Hope I was able to help even just a little. 

About MakeupTalk®

© 2003-2020 MakeupTalk.com®, an active online community and message board geared towards members wanting to discuss everything to do with makeup, cosmetics, product reviews, monthly subscription boxes and general beauty related topics. Our community provides product reviews, makeup and general beauty tips. Our most popular topics are subscription boxes and their monthly spoilers. Join our community for free to take part in the conversations and share your own beauty tips and product reviews with others. We look forward to seeing you online here at Makeuptalk®!

MakeupTalk® Facebook

Eye Makeup Reviews

[[Template advancedfooter/front/blocks/pagesBlock is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lips

[[Template advancedfooter/front/blocks/pagesBlock is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Makeup Brushes and Tools