A highlighter that actually lasts on your face???

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all, im new to this and am getting quite frustrated with certain make up troubles so I thought I'd come to this sight for help. I can't seem to find a highlighter that actually lasts on my face! The brands I use for this product are smashbox, Mua and sleek makeup and I have combination skin (greasy t zone, but dry around nose). So I apply the highlighter along with adding primer and foundation underneath, I add a translucent powder above and use a setting spray. It looks all beautiful and bright but throughout the day the pigment unfortunately dissolves and the brightness gets very faint. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> at the end of the day, I just see the pigment or coverage of the foundation showing up on my face. I don't know whether it's the highlighters not being long lasting or whether it's just weak coverage. I pile it on because of the unfortunate dissolving away of the colour and this results in cakeyness and me having to really blend it in. Please can I have some opinions on the best highlighters out there and a slight solution to my problem?

The products I use are already cream highlighters but I'll take the products you mentioned into account..

The products I use are already cream highlighters but I'll take the products you mentioned into account..
Maybe try a powder then instead? Sometimes cream and liquid products are easier to break down if you have oily skin. You could even give this a test run using any good quality eye shadows you already have.

I use the Benefit Moon Beam as a base where I want to apply highlighter, then apply the Balm Mary Lou-Manizer on top of it. What will really help is using a blotting sheet on top of everything, because the oils in your face will naturally being to absorb the product. Hope this helps!

I have great success with Benefit Watt's Up, have you tried it?
If you prefer powder highlighters I am happy with the staying power of the highlighter in the Lancome blush subtil palettes and Laura Geller baked highlighter (thou these do not have as much sheen as Watt's Up).

Using primer beforehand helps your makeup to last longer. As a couple of members here have suggested the Benefit highlighters are good and tend to last a long time. Rimmel also do a highlighter that lasts too "Good to Glow" I believe the name is.

Back