Men and Mascara

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm a 34 year old man who does not think this is for the boys or this is for the girls. Instead if I like the way something looks then I might give it a go.

anyhow, I have always like the way Mascara looks like on the girls so went and got myself a brown Mascara and applied just one coat so its not overpowering etc.

what are your views on this. Can men get away with doing this?

I say, if it makes you happy then go for it. I imagine you will come across some ladies (if that's your companion of choice) that may find it odd, but just ignore them. I tend to not notice eyelashes on men too much, but that's just me.

I live with my g/f and not sure how accepting of the idea she will be. we both get our fingers and feet (with polish) every 3 weeks at the nail salon. so she may be ok but not sure.

I don't like to go over board with Mascara, been doing clear for the past 3/4 months and she ant noticed, but with brown she may. clear does not do much

Maybe just bring it up to her saying you've heard of the idea or someone you know does it and try to gauge her reaction that way first?

Girls will notice your lashes / eyes if you just curl them. Now if you add mascara into the mix, it will look odd at first, as people will look longer at your eyes, but that's just human nature. Just like it may seem odd to see a woman without mascara, that's because we're so used to seeing women wearing it. We just tend to look longer at what is different that's all. Is it wrong for a man to wear mascara? Pffffft Hell no. Just like @@NicoleLeighBeauty said, if makes you happy then go for it. 

Having been in make-up school years ago, and modeling for men's and drag make-ups for a friend make-up instructor, I've worn full on make-ups, and I find it quite liberating...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the kindness shown here. was expecting negative comments.

there is so many mascara's to choose from and knowing which one will give me the best result is hard.

I don't want the full on bang in your face look. a little subtle colour and definition. would like the lashes to be separate and not clump length is not important to me but a good equal coating is.

I don't want the hay, you wearing mascara from everyone I talk to, but would be good if it improved my eyes etc.

what would you recommend, I have very light blond lashes.   

here is a pic

GOPR0253.JPG

You might try curling the lashes, then putting on clear mascara to hold the curl. That will open up your eyes.

Well just a little update. the Mascara i put on today was not so discreet as i did not get the previos days fuly off. This lead to my g/f saying you waring eye liner.....no i replied and she left it but then througout the day she keep teeseing me saying your eyes look really black.

We we went out shooping and i said there is something i needed to get. so we went to the direction of the makeup and she said what is it you want. i said it was not eye liner on my eyes today. She said what is it then mascara of which i replied yes. she laighed and continued walking in the  direction of the makeup. she even helped me choose the mascara "Loreal Volume million lashes". she said cos of my eyebrow colour that it would be really noticeable. applied it and showed her and she is totally fine with it and said it ant that bad as what i had on today.

well happy

Well here is some pictures

Last Night

2.jpg

4.jpg

me at work sitting at my desk

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

what do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back