Dry sculp and Dandruff!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello!
It's unfortunate that my post comes with such lame news but I desperately need advice.

My sculp seems to be very dry that despite properly washing it and changing my shampoo to a one specifically used to help dry sculp, it still has those white flecks the very next day. I washed my hair on Friday and now on Monday, it's already so itchy and just flat.

Not to mention my hair doesn't keep the smell of the shampoo. It stinks right away the minute I sweat a little bit and I've been told I have stinky sculp. How do I cure this? D:

I just want my dandruff to go away and my hair to actually smell nice after a wash T.T

I am not a professional but I really feel for you so here goes:

I googled "why does my scalp smell?" and found

1.  healthcare-online.org/Why-Does-My-Scalp-Smell
  2.  medhelp.org/posts/Dermatology/Head-Smells-Bad/show/715039
  3.  top10homeremedies.com/home-remedies/home-remedies-smelly-hair
What I use as my scalp tends to get sweaty when I work in the garden. For 5 weeks I use  Australian  Tea Tree Organic deep cleansing shampoo & conditioner and on the 6th week I use Pro Naturals, a hair repair system.  I do however use the argan oil leave in treatment after EVERY shampoo and this is only applied to the very tips and only half the length of my hair. I find that the argan oil does not make my hair oily but it does protect it from heat damage, stops frizz and static. 

You will have to work out what is best for your own hair but rest assured you are not the only one with your problem. I hope it helps you just a little.

@@ohelizabeth I normally have to wash my hair daily - I know it's not the best thing to do for your hair but if I do 48 hours without washing my hair my scalp becomes itchy and greasy.

Does your hair get greasy quickly?

I always use head and shoulders when I get dandruff. My scalp gets super itchy and flaky and this always works for me plus it's cheap.

Hi..

There is no perpetual cure for dandruff, however it is certainly controllable when taking the best possible measures

So no problem neem can help you regards dandruff and additionally numerous other hair issues like scalp skin inflammation, irritated scalp, and hair fall productively, You have to do one thing Heat up a modest bunch of neem leaves in some water.

Use this decoction as a hair flush a few times each week.

@ohelizabeth I have a great news for you. I have the same problem with dandruff and I know how you are feeling. I tried something that did work for me and I hope it does for you, too. First I need to tell you that my hair is thick & coarse and not oily. Before I wash my hair I apply on my scalp olive oil and I massage my scalp, too. I let it on an hour or so and than I wash my hair as I would normally do. I didn't change my shampoo or anything. That is all I did and I'm impress. Although I need to mention that you need to apply this "mask" every time before you wash your hair, at least a month. 

PS: I am not sure if it works with fine & oily hair.

I think of this problem you should apply the such kind of shampoo which is suggested by most of the dermatologist in the world.

• L’Occitane Anti Dandruff Shampoo for Sensitive Scalp
  • Vosene Original Medicated Shampoo
  • T/Gel Therapeutic Shampoo
  • Head&Shoulders Apple Fresh Anti dandruff Shampoo  

take egg,banana,milk,honey and mix it well and use in your in sculp,it gives you the best solution for dry sculp and dandruff.

i have used a shampoo from the pharmacy and i have not any problem since then.

it called ionil 4.25%

from the first use i had lack of itciness

2-3 uses next,problem solved!

great product smells horible though

Try brushing your hair a lot to loosen any dry skin on your scalp, then swim in ocean water.  Hydration is also key!

Dandruff is annoying! But you have to fight it. The fact is that you cannot completely get rid of dandruff and its effects. Reducing the effects is possible. First, try to moisten you dry scalp and stay away from doing things that suck the moisture content of your scalp. For instance, using a blow dryer completely sucks the moisture from my hair, leaving it dry and frizzy. Now that you already have a dry scalp problem, you can stay away from using blow dryers. 

Oil your scalp regularly to keep it flecks-free and moisture-intact. Make sure, you stay away from thick oils that worsen your dandruff condition. Use mild and gentle oils for your scalp. Baby oils, argon oil and the like would do. When you choose shampoos, never buy ones with sulphate and paraben content. It's not good for your already affected scalp. 

Also, try homemade packs like yogurt and egg white pack; harmless and highly effective. Apple cider vinegar is also good to treat your affected scalp. Lemon also fights against the dandruff virus. And, proper diet is a must. 

Here are few articles that might be helpful in dealing with dry scalp:

http://www.wikihow.com/Prevent-and-Treat-Dandruff

(link removed)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have some home remedies to cure dandruff. I hv tried this u can also try

Last edited by a moderator:
Well what I usually do to my customers is that I take some coconout oil and I mix it with a lemon juice(50:50) then I apply it to the scalp and make a few minutes of massage and I wash their hair after atleast 20 minutes. 

Well what I usually do to my customers is that I take some coconout oil and I mix it with a lemon juice(50:50) then I apply it to the scalp and make a few minutes of massage and I wash their hair after atleast 20 minutes. 
Sounds very relaxing, do you think it will work with jojoba oil instead of coconut oil? My hubby sometimes suffers an itchy scalp and he doesn't like the smell of coconut. TIA

Sounds very relaxing, do you think it will work with jojoba oil instead of coconut oil? My hubby sometimes suffers an itchy scalp and he doesn't like the smell of coconut. TIA
You can also use fractionated coconut oil which doesn't have the coconut smell. I'm not a fan of coconut smell so I like to use fractionated coconut oil instead.

I gave up cereal and that seemed to do the trick. I have sebborheic dermatitis. It got so bad that a stylist at Supercuts reduced me to tears with lots of unhelpful suggestions about my "disgusting" condition.  Believe me when giant scales start falling from your scalp the first thing you do is google home remedies.  I know them all and they are only mildly useful. For years I was using different types of prescription and over the counter shampoos.  Then I tried the Special K challenge and started losing hair instead of weight.  A light bulb went off and I stopped eating cereal all together and generally avoid bread products. Now I barely touch the Nutrogena t-gel under my sink and haven't seen a dermatologist in years.  This isn't to say this will help everyone, but it might be worth a shot. 

You can also use fractionated coconut oil which doesn't have the coconut smell. I'm not a fan of coconut smell so I like to use fractionated coconut oil instead.
Thanks for this info Reija - the store where I buy my jojoba oil also sells the frationated coconut oil and it is so cheap, thank you.

Latest posts

Back