My makeup changes by season, is that weird?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I've always applied my makeup differently depending on the season. For example, in the warmer months I go more natural whereas in the colder months my (eye) makeup is a lot darker and edgy. Kinda like the two pictures I attached. Is this weird to do? Does it make me seem bipolar? lol Anyone else do this? 

seasonal.png

I don't think it's weird. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> I do a similar thing. I wear different lip colors for summer than I do for winter and the same thing goes for my skin. I use a bronzer more during summer months. 

Not weird at all! My makeup tends to do that too, in the fall and winter I like to smudge dark eye shadow on my lower lash line and deepen everything up. In the spring and summer it is all about bright colors for me!

Makeup can be just as much an expression of mood (general rather than simply personal) as it can be an accentuation of features, and give a visual representation of your outlook during the seasons or occasions. Kind of a pseudo-camouflage, if that makes sense? Sunlight changes and the season affect how people think and feel, andsee themselves, and that can be seen in how people dress, do their hair, etc. Only naturally that makeup would follow suit.

Back