KeepOnSingin

Foundation Suggestions

I just went out and bought Clinique's Beyond Perfecting 2 in 1 foundation and concealer, and while I like how it feels on my face, and the color is a great match, I'm not really liking the finish. It says it's a natural-matte finish, and it's more on the dewy side IMO...and I like a really matte finish.

I want something that's a true matte finish, moderate to full coverage, feels light on the skin and won't accentuate my dry spots too much. Something that's long lasting would be preferable as well since I'm usually out of the house for about 10-12 hours, and most of that time is spent working so I can't really do touch ups.

I'm going to give the Clinique a fair shot -- today is only my second day wearing it...but just in case -- suggestions please!

I used to wear MAC Studiofix which has matte coverage and it lasts well. I found that I really like the Dior powder foundation. It lasts pretty well and is more of full coverage and the finish is matte. It's pricey though but lasts a long time. A cheaper option is Lancome powder foundation. They have the fragrance free option. The finish is also matte. I didn't care for the scented version.

I used to wear MAC Studiofix which has matte coverage and it lasts well. I found that I really like the Dior powder foundation. It lasts pretty well and is more of full coverage and the finish is matte. It's pricey though but lasts a long time. A cheaper option is Lancome powder foundation. They have the fragrance free option. The finish is also matte. I didn't care for the scented version.

I'll look into that.

My HG foundation is Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H, but the price is kind of deterring right now since I didn't have a job for awhile, just started my new one, and the holidays are coming up...so something cheaper, but not drugstore would be ideal.

• Like 2

NARS is pretty awesome-- give you that full coverage with out a wet/ greasy look. I tried Clique and was not impressed with the results at all. My skin was super oily the entire day. NARS will give you a light feel and a matte coverage, def give it a try! 

• Like 2

I gave up on Clinique and got Estee Lauder samples. I got samples of both the Double Wear Stay In Place and the Double Wear Maximum Cover, and what I did was put one on one side of my face and one on the other (while I was at home, not running out and about) and tested them out that way, and I actually liked the Maximum Cover better. It felt lighter on my face, [obviously] had more coverage, and looked more natural, plus it has a more matte finish.

Then today I wore it to work to really test it, and now, 11 hours later, it's still flawless! So when I got out of work, I checked to see how it held up, and it looked great and felt great, so I said what the hell, I'm going to bite the bullet and get this one! Bonton didn't have it in stock so it's being shipped to my house, but I wanted to buy it there not Macy's because the beauty advisor there was so much nicer and more helpful than the one at Macy's. So even though I could have walked out of the store with the product in my hands at Macy's, I took my business to Bonton so the person I like could get the commission.

• Like 1

Something that sounds good for you is I would recommend is the MUFE Mat Velvet +, it is a very beautiful foundation!

• Like 1

Hourglass foundations all the way! I use the skin tint and it's a cream foundation with a satin finish and I like the versatility. Can be sheered out to a dewy finish with a damp beauty blender but can be set with a matte powder for a flawless matte finish.

• Like 1

I like the Maybelline Fit Me Matte and Poreless, the Rimmel London Stay Matte Mousse foundation, and Covergirl's Ready Set Gorgeous. The Rimmel is very matte and, the Maybelline is my favorite right now, and the Covergirl would be another favorite but the lightest shade is slightly still dark on me. They both last very well throughout the day. I work in retail as a manager and do just about every job you can think of, including pushing carts, and my makeup lasts all day with these three. Plus, they're inexpensive! I apply with a BeautyBlender and set with NYC loose setting powder. 

• Like 2

I like the Maybelline Fit Me Matte and Poreless, the Rimmel London Stay Matte Mousse foundation, and Covergirl's Ready Set Gorgeous. The Rimmel is very matte and, the Maybelline is my favorite right now, and the Covergirl would be another favorite but the lightest shade is slightly still dark on me. They both last very well throughout the day. I work in retail as a manager and do just about every job you can think of, including pushing carts, and my makeup lasts all day with these three. Plus, they're inexpensive! I apply with a BeautyBlender and set with NYC loose setting powder. 

Thanks for the suggestions :) I may check them out sometime, but right now I love my Estee Lauder Double Wear Max Cover. Also, I doubt if Rimmel comes in a shade dark enough for me. It's not a very colored friendly brand :(

• Like 2

Every stunning look begins with a gorgeous foundation L,Oreals magic smooth souffle creates a flawless silky even toned finish apply it daily to achieve smooth poreless perfection available in awide range of tones magic smooth is versatile enough to beautify every skin type and i presnolly use it 

• Like 2

Ive always been a huge fan of Rimmel. Just recently started loving Loreal true match. They have the largest shade selection atleast in drug store. 

• Like 1

I have the Urban Decay Naked foundation. It's natural-looking and has a "demi-matte" (that's what the description says) finish. I thought it was actually a little too matte for my taste so I bought the No Foundation Foundation and I like that one better because it's sheer and very subtle. The UD foundation is also a little on the expensive side, but it seems to get primarily positive reviews.

• Like 1

I have heard a lot about Maybelline Fit Me foundation? Can you tell if its good for combo skin type?

I have heard a lot about Maybelline Fit Me foundation? Can you tell if its good for combo skin type?

I have pretty combo skin with an oily t-zone and oily eye lids as well as an acne-prone chin/cheek area which are pretty dry. It works very well with my skin and it doesn't break me out in my problem areas. If oil bothers you a ton, you can always blot or powder the oily areas a little more but I'm not particularly worried about doing so to my nose (oiliest part) because I do wear glasses so it rubs my foundation regardless of what I do. 

• Like 1

I recomend Kat Von D Lock it Tattoo foundation, wonderful effect, but this one is not for using day by day, I think, but for special occasion

Edited by Justina
  • Like 2

I recomend Kat Von D Lock it Tattoo foundation, wonderful effect, but this one is not for using day by day, I think, but for special occasion

Is it like Photoready foundation ?

Can anyone here suggest me if I should go for Mufe HD or Ultra HD foundation? I have read this review: 

about HD Foundation here: (link removed) and it says that this foundation does not last longer than 4 hours. Please suggest if I go for HD or Ultra HD.