Bleached my Black Hair-Its Orange-Next Step?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm new here. I've been getting such mixed information online about my situation, so I thought I'd try asking people directly.

So, I had dyed jet-black hair that I've been dyeing for years. Yesterday, in order to lighten it, I bleached it. I know bleaching isn't all that great, but I've done it before and it worked out...mostly. I've got the dreaded orange-brassy color with some gross yellow at the top. There are still some spots, mostly in the middle of my hair that are dark. I'm assuming this means I need to re-bleach it, right?

My goal is to get it as light as I can without destroying it; I plan on coloring it a light color (haven't decided yet).

If I use a gentle bleach volume today (say, 10 or 20), will it be really bad?

I have a few different kind of deep conditioning products (old school V05 Hot Oil therapy and ion Keratin Smoothing Masque)-should I use these first, then re-bleach it?

I also have Wella brand T18 toner along with the 20 developer that goes with that.

And lastly, I purchased the "Shimmer Lights" shampoo for blonde/silver hair that is supposed to help.

Clearly, I went a little crazy at Sally's today.

As for the current condition of my hair, its doing pretty well considering it was black yesterday. There is no major damage and it seems fine for the most part (its shoulder-length).

I know you're going to say wait a few days/weeks before bleaching again, but I can't walk around with my hair this orange. Kinda orange I could deal with, but I look like a pumpkin exploded on my head.

Soooo please. Tell me what to do  next and which of these products or things I should do. THANK YOU!

As bleaching really can hurts hair you should think about using a coconout oil to minimize the damage. It is smart to use it a lot, even before bleaching. It helps.

Back