Jay.Aitch.Gee

Birchbox February 2016 **Spoilers**

PYS Spoilers for February are posted on MSA!

http://www.mysubscriptionaddiction.com/2016/01/birchbox-february-2016-sample-choice-curated-box-coupon.html

ARROW BOOST Color Enhancing Lip Balm

Whish Cleansing Oil

Hey Honey Take It Off Exfoliating Honey Peel Off Mask

REN Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask

And here is the Curated Date Night box:

Amika Blowout Spray

Whish Renewing Mud Mask

Catherine Malandrino Romance de Provence Perfume

Cynthia Rowley Beauty Brightening Illuminator

OCC Lip Tar in Strumpet

• Like 4

Hmm, I want the arrow and the whish items. I'll probably buy the featured box as a one off. 

ETA: Ugh I just hate the shaky, man on the street, I filmed this while standing beside you, periscope version of the sample reveals. 

Edited by Bizgirlva
  • Like 2

ETA: Ugh I just hate the shaky, man on the street, I filmed this while standing beside you, periscope version of the sample reveals. 

I'm definitely not a fan of periscope in this context. I think it is much more useful for street/civilian level news dissemination, etc. The video was a mess, low quality, and choppy. 

• Like 3

I'm definitely not a fan of periscope in this context. I think it is much more useful for street/civilian level news dissemination, etc. The video was a mess, low quality, and choppy.

And. So. Long!!!! Holy crap, that felt longer than second grade.

They didn't get to the Plus items until at least 16 minutes in, so I'll post them here for anyone who wasn't drunk enough to keep watching:

Rifle Paper stationary set

Lacy thong underwear (don't remember the brand, but it was a 2-pack)

Umbra Jewelry rack and picture frame set

Jar candle (don't know the brand, scent was "Dreamer"

Stud earrings (don't know brand, but they came in a glass vial)

• Like 6

I'm not even attempting to find BB videos anywhere but Youtube.  So, thanks for posting the PYS choices

@@Jay.Aitch.Gee  

I'm interested in the new Arrow products, but I have way too many lip balms.  I might end up trying the Ren mask.  I like the Ren brand, but it is expensive.

The featured box is not great this month in my opinion.

• Like 3

I thought it was weird that the only Arrow product up for sample choice was the lip balm. A) it's not that it exciting; and B) it's also the same Arrow product that's in the upcoming Strong Start box. I'd think they'd be trying to get all the various products out there for reviews/word of mouth purposes.

• Like 3

I don't have the patience to watch videos. I can barely watch some YouTube videos so anything outside of that is really a stretch for me especially if if they are product feature type videos and/or selling something. Thanks so much for posting @@Jay.Aitch.Gee!! I might go for the REN mask or just leave it up to chance. I wanted to try the new Arriw line but don't need another lip balm.

• Like 3

I will choose the arrow lip balm if it is still available for me to pick. Does anyone know when the pick date is?

oh man, I just watched the video  -- that is one hot mess.  I love their old youtube vids with the information.  This is horrible.

over 20 minutes!! 

• Like 3

I'll probably go with the Arrow balm or just leave it up to chance. This is one of the few months that I'm not interested in the curated box. 

• Like 1

I was about to buy the Arrow lip balm last week but went with something else, so I'll definitely pick that. Based on the other choices, I'll probably go down to just one box this month. 

• Like 1

I just finished my second sample of the Ren mask and kept the tube thinking I may buy it. But this works too. I think I will choose it for both boxes and hope for non-identical boxes otherwise.

• Like 1

oh my nerves!

Rachel and her constant hair petting, Lorelei and her vocal fry.... I'm losing my mind. 

I know this is my issue, not theirs, but it is a reason I don't like these long drawn out videos. They need to edit that stuff down!

• Like 5

oh my nerves!

Rachel and her constant hair petting, Lorelei and her vocal fry.... I'm losing my mind. 

I know this is my issue, not theirs, but it is a reason I don't like these long drawn out videos. They need to edit that stuff down!

I totally agree! These are the things that stood out to me as well! 

Excited about the Hey Honey mask! I got it from Ipsy once a year or two ago and loved it, but it's pretty expensive full-sized. Not loving the other sample choices (except for the Arrow lip balm but I'm getting that in the Strong Start LE box) or the curated box this month, though the OCC lip tar looks pretty on Lorelei.

Probably going to get the Arrow lip balm

I wish that they would have done the announcements on their regular Youtube account!

• Like 1

Probably going to get the Arrow lip balm

I wish that they would have done the announcements on their regular Youtube account!

I believe they said they would post a regular video next week, this was just a pre-preview thing.

• Like 1

The curated box looks awfully cruddy to me. I wouldn't mind having the lip tar though. The highlighter and the mud mask are kind of meh and the other two items are bleh. I got the hair product in a past box and didn't like it and no one wants the perfume sample. 

So I guess I'm gonna try for sample choice (this didn't go well for me last month). I'm leaning towards the lip balm. I'm still considering the cleansing oil but I don't like that I can't find anything on it yet. I've gotten both the masks before. They are alright but I personally have never seen the wow factor with these. I do much better with everything Paula's Choice. I literally don't want to buy or try (even though I've tried everything) any other skincare. I really wish Sephora or Ulta sold them so I could rack up some rewards. It would be so nice. 

• Like 2

I got the email about sample choice reveals but the "customize my box" page isn't working/loading yet.

ETA: jk it's working now. But it's just the video, the shorter video!

Edited by Bizgirlva
  • Like 1