Concealing Very Dark Circles

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rb3

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I have very dark circles (see photo) and would like some advice on how to conceal them. I've tried Collection Lasting perfection concealer shade fair with LA girl orange corrector underneath but even when I use a small amount it looks orange and doesn't work☹️

I'm a student so I'd prefer recommendations on affordable UK drugstore/high street products but open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance

If you're looking for very budget friendly then i've heard that Primarks Colour correcting yellow crayon concealer thing (not sure the exact name but it's a yellow crayon that says CC on it) Is quite good :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> And i'd also recommend using a brightening concealer over that as well, one of them pen highlighting ones :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I know Catrice do one if you can get them easily, but most brands have some form if one :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I would recommend some purple/lavender liquid or cream concelear, such as NYX HD photogenic or also NYX concelear in a jar ( creamy one).  

I dig Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser. I've got hereditary dark circles and had trouble finding something that lasts all day. The texture of this stuff is interesting. It sets quickly. I prefer to blend it out after it has set a bit. Some people don't like the applicator, but I haven't noticed any breakouts from it.

Instant age rewind by Maybelline is amazing, but I am having trouble finding it! It is always out of stock, does anyone have the same problem?

I cant see the photo, but i also have very dark circles. Mine actually look like i got punched in the face. If i really need to hide my dark circles, i do the following.

1. Hydrate under my eyes with coconut oil

I have oily skin, but i find that my under eyes are always dry. When i use coconut oil, i swear i dont crease. There is a difference between creasing concealer and dry under eyes.

2. Color correct with a peachyy/orange base CC

3. Conceal. My favorite concealers are the Nars RCC and MAC pro long wear

4. Then I set that baby lol

Hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have a problem that a coconut oil irritates your under eye area? I have the same problem.

Hi everyone

I have very dark circles (see photo) and would like some advice on how to conceal them. I've tried Collection Lasting perfection concealer shade fair with LA girl orange corrector underneath but even when I use a small amount it looks orange and doesn't work☹

I'm a student so I'd prefer recommendations on affordable UK drugstore/high street products but open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
You're using too much product. Also, it's best to mix a small amount of concealer with a bit of your foundation and then apply it and then set it etc. 

Concealing and correcting (even proper highlight / contouring) takes a lot of practice to figure out and master. In your case it's concealing, so practice, practice, practice. So don't feel bad if you don't get it right the first or fourth time around.  

Even for us seasoned Pros, it takes us a lot of trial-and-error to figure out an individual's concealer recipe based on their skin tone and each lighting scenario. In most cases an actress has about 2-3 different under eye concealer recipes in their touch-up palette that we use throughout the day. On actress heavy shows like Good Witch, Handmaid's Tale, Supergirl, that's a lot of concealer mixtures for each person. 

Also we mix-and-match drug store, high end, and luxury brands together to get the right tones we're looking for.

Last edited by a moderator:
I recommend using some orange subtone concelears, it really helped me to deal with my tired dark circles.

Back