Reija

Birchbox December 2016 *Spoilers*

Here is the thread for Birchbox December.

Looks like they are changing to ACE requirements. Per their email on Friday, Ace status will now require 400 points in one year. You'll still earn 1 point for every $10 purchase and for gift subscriptions and friend referrals.

The box add-ons will be 15% off and 20% off for Aces for the December box.

so disappointed they bumped it from 30 to 20%- I was going to buy a lot of stuff but now am unsure at the lower discount.

• Like 1

I forgot about the discounts being higher before. I have a major short term memory loss lol

• Like 1

The sample choice video is up!

The dates will be November 29th for Aces and the 30th for everyone else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhZXBPUPGrI

The sample choices are:

Real Chemistry Peel

New CC cream from Marcella

LOC Shadow Stick in new shade called out of your shell

Curated BOX:

LOC shadow stick

IPKN Primer

Organic Pharmacy rose cream

Renee Furterer Lumicia Shampoo & Conditioner

I'll probably get the shadow stick for my sample choice. I'll probably purchase the featured box too.

@@Reija your post duplicated so I hid the extra one.

• Like 1

I love Marcellle bb cream so I geuss thats got to be my pick, but I kind of like the shade of the eyeshadow stick too. But the I love Rene Furterer so I don't know. I really like the look of the box itself, its really nice.

• Like 1

I like the box design too. I think I might go with the curated box. I would like to try the Marcella CC cream too though but I also want to try the products in the curated box. It's a tough one but I'' leaning more towards the curated box.

I got this email:

24 Hours Only

Extra Points (On Us)

Psst...if you place an order in the next 24 hours, we’ll automatically add extra Points to your account (read: bonus $ to spend after Cyber Monday is long gone).

Spend $100 = Earn 100 extra Points ($10 to spend)

Spend $150 = Earn 150 extra Points ($15 to spend)

Spend $200 = Earn 200 extra Points ($20 to spend)

Don't dally! This offer will disappear in 24 hours. Start shopping now!

Happy Cyber Monday!

Birchbox

• Like 1

In the fine print below that, there are no exclusions, so if you purchase a gift sub that'll count towards that total. No code required.

Wanted to let you know what deal I got today! :D 

Got a email today with a link to 40% off sale items for Ace's! 

https://www.birchbox.com/shop/promo/aces-only?utm_source=selligent&utm_medium=email&utm_term=W_Aces&utm_campaign=112916_W_Aces_Tuesday&page=4&view=all

Picked up: the Caudalie Beauty Elixir Set for $49.00.

Able to use the 20% code 20forAces and free sample pack- Got it for $23!  The Beauty Elixir spray alone is $49!!
  • Like 1

I ended up going with the curated box. I wanted to try the BB cream too but wanted the curated more.

I always forget to look for the curated box in the shop. I should have picked the sample and then bought the curated box. Thanks for posting @@mirandamanda!

• Like 1

I purchased the curated box with some sheet masks and a sample pack all with the 40% aces sale and cyber Monday 20% sale, got everything for less than $20. 

post-93138-0-26169000-1480540966.png

• Like 1

Birchboxes are up for December.

Here is my box:

post-93138-0-55856500-1480697355_thumb.png

I'm a little bummed, I've tried all of these product already from Birchbox or other subs, with the exception of the shadow stick (in this shade, which I selected for my sample choice). The highlighter was a previous sample choice (that I didn't select but I already traded for), the oil primer I got in a recent ipsy and the eye patches I've tried from a previous birchbox, not this account though, and I've tried the dry shampoo too.

None of the products are bad, I just look forward to trying new stuff, I'll probably end up swapping 3/5 items.  Oh well.  

post-81533-0-16111700-1480813185_thumb.png

Saphira Hair Mineral Mud

Marcelle CC Cream in Golden Glow

Lollia by Margot Elena Dream eau de parfum

Nuxe Moisturizer Cream Creme Fraiche de Beaute (its a moisturizer. why can't they call it that?)

Laura Gellar mascara

The last moisturizer from Birchbox that I actually used was the Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream they sent me in March. I've gotten four of them that are basically laying around taking up space and collecting dust, I've actually replaced my moisturizer step for the serum from boxycharm, since its full size I'm not even a quarter way through the bottle. 

Yikes - I didn't realize the curated box was $15....  that was my pick this month since I was underwhelmed by everything in the sample choice video.  Oh well.  I like the LOC products I have gotten

Yikes - I didn't realize the curated box was $15....  that was my pick this month since I was underwhelmed by everything in the sample choice video.  Oh well.  I like the LOC products I have gotten

The curated box is only $15 if you're not a subscriber. It's the usual $10 if you picked it instead of a sample or if you're a subscriber and wanted to buy it separately. 

Birchbox has gift sets with purchase and an exclusive set with purchase for Aces. I just got an email.

• Like 1

The curated box is only $15 if you're not a subscriber. It's the usual $10 if you picked it instead of a sample or if you're a subscriber and wanted to buy it separately. 

good to know!  thanks!  looking forward to getting this box