No Buy Year 2, Month 10 - March 12 - April 12

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I figured I have reached month 10 of my No Buy Year 2! Month 10 will end on Easter Sunday!

Here are my goals and little projects for this month:

1. Do well on second job - easier to focus while on No Buy, and no chance of wasting the extra income. I'm off to a good start on it. I'm setting small goals and then working up from there so I won't feel anxious. 

2. Pay off $250 on my credit card, with some of my extra wages. I'm setting small goals for now, so I won't get frustrated. This will bring it down to about $500, and halfway paid off.

3. I'm almost finished with my last shower gel that is under 2 ounces - Yves Rocher Argan Rose mini. I was going to follow with some sets I got for Christmas, which have 2 ounce shower gels and lotions. I made a rule that before I do that, I need to use up all of my mini body and hand lotions that are 2 ounces and under. I have several - some from 2017, some new ones from Christmas. The first one to use up is Yves Rocher aloe body lotion mini from September 2017, one ounce, my oldest mini body lotion. I'm bad at using mini body lotions, except for Sisley ones. Sisley ones I use right up! 

What I'm watching on YouTube now: Hannah Louise Poston - All of My Makeup and Skincare and Where I Keep It (Vanity Tour) - published today. Very pretty and relaxing video. I am jealous! ?

Too tired and busy to add any low quality photos today. 

Wow the whole world has changed since I last posted on here. How haunting the news from Italy is, and how heroic all the doctors and nurses are. My world is changing; it's been about a week. My second job I was looking forward to is shut down for now. The religion I was interested in has no services. Along with what everyone else is going through, panic at the stores, schools closed, restaurants closed, etc. My main job I still have for now. I did manage to earn some extra money on my second job before it closed. I paid $75 extra on my credit card. Balance now $600. I'm still keeping up my little plans and my No Buy. So many people to be out of work. 

I have not been watching beauty videos too much. I watch news now. Cosmetics shopping is like something from a past life. When we took our friend to the store a week ago, she talked to the pharmacist for a long time, and so I found myself in the makeup aisle. Wow, so many pretty things. It has been a long time since I looked at the cosmetics at the store. And I got an Yves Rocher ad in the mail that is offering a free Daniel Hechter purse as a gift with purchase. I thought, I really want that. And then I thought, how can you think of that at this time? Then I thought, they may close Yves Rocher down also. 

I think it's the perfect time for a No Buy and project use it up during this hard time. I'm really enjoying an old (2017) mini Yves Rocher body lotion at the moment. 

My new resolutions to stay healthy

• Drink at least one entire bottle of water per day (don't like water - always drinking soda)
  • At least 30 minutes of cleaning a day at home - includes disinfecting bathroom, computer desk, and my face with face wash, no more being too lazy to wash face before bed, wash bedding and clothes more often
  • At least 30 minutes outside every day to get vitamin D 
  • Put hand sanitizer mini in purse and use it - I don't like hand sanitizer - but I got a mini one for Christmas 
  • *personal opinion not official advice 

Last edited by a moderator:
Little beauty samples last forever. Used up:

• finished all of my six belif face cream foil packs (3 True Cream; 3 True Cream Aqua Bomb)
  • two Avon Rare Pearls catalog scented sample pages (I keep pages from catalogs and magazines to use)
  • mini blow pro weather girl hair serum
  • mini Yves Rocher body scrub
  • mini Yves Rocher Argan Rose shower gel
  • mini Eve Lom Rescue Mask
  • Secret Paris Rose Deodorant 

Hey!! How are you?!

I've just come across your post haha the title was so intriguing. No buy -  So does that mean your trying to not spend money? omg that so difficult!! im also trying to save as well, hopefully for a house one day in the near future.

I hope your staying safe, with this whole pandemic happening.. xx but yes, like you said. your wallet got it easy now. defiantly no spending lolol!

Hey!! How are you?!

I've just come across your post haha the title was so intriguing. No buy -  So does that mean your trying to not spend money? omg that so difficult!! im also trying to save as well, hopefully for a house one day in the near future.

I hope your staying safe, with this whole pandemic happening.. xx but yes, like you said. your wallet got it easy now. defiantly no spending lolol!
Hi, thanks so much for coming to talk to me. Well basically I love shopping for beauty products so much, I just get too much all the time. I have too many products, and I owe debts, so the idea is not to buy anything new, just try to use all the things I have up to the last drop, and use the savings to pay off debt so I won't have so many bills! I make a fun game of it. I have used up a lot of things and paid off many debts!

Thank you for asking about me. I am safe, still going to work and getting food and no one near me is sick. I hope you are doing well too. Good luck on your house! Do you like beauty shopping? 

Hey!! How are you?!

Hi, thanks so much for coming to talk to me. Well basically I love shopping for beauty products so much, I just get too much all the time. I have too many products, and I owe debts, so the idea is not to buy anything new, just try to use all the things I have up to the last drop, and use the savings to pay off debt so I won't have so many bills! I make a fun game of it. I have used up a lot of things and paid off many debts!

Thank you for asking about me. I am safe, still going to work and getting food and no one near me is sick. I hope you are doing well too. Good luck on your house! Do you like beauty shopping? 
@EdithS2 you're a warrior!  Can't stop buying makeup stuffss!  @Beautybyluo a new house sounds good!

How interesting... I've never come across the thought of that.  - But then again, I recently did a big new year new 2020, and done a clear out of any old makeup I had laying around that I do not use at all that i kept, simply for the reason that I wanted to look like I had loads when I do my makeup.  - I do love make up and I would SOOO splurge if i could! but its just so damn expensive. Plus, the only makeup places where I am are Superdrug's, boots and large department stores.. there's no Sephora here.. I remember when I went to Paris and came across a sephora for the first time. I was defiantly in HEAVEN LOL!  Im a sucker for buying through influencers.. so if its trending, i'll defo give it a go,  Where do you find your recommendations for new makeups?

Also, hats off to you! You are doing an amazing job so far!

How interesting... I've never come across the thought of that.  - But then again, I recently did a big new year new 2020, and done a clear out of any old makeup I had laying around that I do not use at all that i kept, simply for the reason that I wanted to look like I had loads when I do my makeup.  - I do love make up and I would SOOO splurge if i could! but its just so damn expensive. Plus, the only makeup places where I am are Superdrug's, boots and large department stores.. there's no Sephora here.. I remember when I went to Paris and came across a sephora for the first time. I was defiantly in HEAVEN LOL!  Im a sucker for buying through influencers.. so if its trending, i'll defo give it a go,  Where do you find your recommendations for new makeups?

Also, hats off to you! You are doing an amazing job so far!
I went to London and I went to Boots every day. I am from US. I loved the beauty section in Boots and also Selfridges. I would love to shop in the French Pharamcies. I also loved the crisps and sandwiches in Boots. I love shopping and treats. 

I want to mention a great YouTube channel that was really inspiring to me recently. It is Study with me - law. In case you have not seen the study with me genre of YouTube videos, these are people who live stream long study sessions so others can follow them in real time and stay focused on work. This is the channel of a young Italian attorney who is working for a judge and also studying for the judge exam. During the crisis in her country, she is working and studying at home all day every day. She will usually work on her job in the mornings and study in the afternoons, with a break every 90 minutes or so, and longer meal breaks. Her schedule is not too easy and yet not too difficult, and her videos really helped me to keep motivated when I had my second job working at home. Sadly that job was cut short by the current crisis. I wish I could live like this young woman - with her studious life and huge, beautiful law books. 

This weekend I will stay home and entertain myself using old beauty samples:

• Shamanuti Pumpkin Enzyme mask - this is one of my older samples. I got it in the October 2017 Petit Vour box. It smells great. I will give myself a facial. 
  • Kani Moon Milk - this is also from the October 2017 Petit Vour box. It is heaven. It's a beach vacation in a bottle. It is a jasmine tuberose body oil with shimmer and can also be used on the hair ends and as a highlighter. I really love it. Petit Vour sent me generous and costly samples. 
  • Nails - maybe I will use a nail polish. I'm not good at doing nails, but I do have a few nail polishes and I need to use them up. 

It's Sunday. I don't feel said about anything, except for worrying about by elderly father catching coronavirus, because I could not stand to see him suffer, and feeling sad when I hear about the people who passed away. I feel lucky I still have my job, and they even gave my full hours back. Hours have been cut pretty much since December. My Dad asked me to find out when senior shopping time is, and my heart went out to him. Then he came back from shopping and he was happy, because he found cleaning wipes and groceries. He got me M&Ms. Maybe I get my love of shopping from my folks, lol. All I can think of is that stimulus check we're going to get, how if my job keeps on, I can use that to pay a credit card off, oh, that would be so amazing! And trying to use up my 2017 samples. My little hopes and dreams are surviving. Last night I went to visit my friend who lives alone. She said, I'm so depressed because I'm alone in the house. I said, that's what you need to stay alive right now. It is an advantage. But she did not see how that was a good thing. 

Also I was watching a Sophie Shohet video on YouTube and in the comments someone had a good tip: keep nails really short, as long nails can get germs under them that may not come off when you wash hands.

Got a lot going on! I am working on some profound religious studies I've been wanting to do really badly. I got paid and I have my credit card down to $500 - it is halfway paid off now. Today was my first day of working remotely. I won't be going out, so I'm not going to try to use up all my mini primers, or any other makeup now. Instead, I am going to use up all my mini toners, starting with the smallest one I have, from Biologique Recherche. 

I finished Month 10 of my No Buy. I did get my stimulus check from the government, and completely paid off my credit card ($500). Also with that money I got ahead on my other payments, and got my father a $100 gift card for his birthday, and got groceries. I did not buy anything not necessary. I'm getting ready to be baptized and confirmed and I got a white dress at Target and white shoes. Also my deodorant ran out and I got a new Dove Rose Petals deo. I used up the following items:

• Foil pack DHC Deep Cleansing Oil - I got another DHC catalog in the mail with four foil pack samples. This is always a great treat. 
  • Foil pack DHC Cleansing Foam 
  • Foil pack DHC Velvet Skin Coat - This is a primer. 
  • Foil pack DHC Platinum Silver Deep Moisture 
  • Sample vial of Biologique Recherche Lotion P50W - This is an exfoliating toner lotion, a French classic. 
  • Mini bottle of Mario Badescu Special Cucumber Lotion - This is a toner for oily skin. It has a great powdery smell and is refreshing. 
  • Mini bottle Briogeo Rosarco Milk ***** Amazing for my fine and tangle prone hair! 
  • Mini tube Yves Rocher Aloe Lotion 
  • Full size Nuria facial cleanser - I got this in a Glossybox a while ago, and it lasted forever. 

I paid $100 on my credit card, and now I'm at about the $1210 mark - almost down to the 11 hundred level, and that is my May payment done early. I used up Avon Rare Pearls Deodorant and mini Mario Badescu Drying Mask. I had the little mask jar for a year, and it was all dried up solid. I added hot water to it and let it set, and was still able to use it. It did work to make my skin clearer and cleaner, but it does not have a great smell. I'm now using up my mini Sisley Tropical Resins Toner, and after that is done I'll use up my mini Mamonde Rose Water Toner. I got baptized and confirmed and it was awesome! It was a private service due to the stay at home. I visit with people of the new church by phone and they instruct me. I've made new friends. I'm working at home and miss going to my office. I still have the work, but no office. The office is a nostalgic faraway place - who would have thought, lol. 

I paid $100 on my credit card, and now I'm at about the $1210 mark - almost down to the 11 hundred level, and that is my May payment done early. I used up Avon Rare Pearls Deodorant and mini Mario Badescu Drying Mask. I had the little mask jar for a year, and it was all dried up solid. I added hot water to it and let it set, and was still able to use it. It did work to make my skin clearer and cleaner, but it does not have a great smell. I'm now using up my mini Sisley Tropical Resins Toner, and after that is done I'll use up my mini Mamonde Rose Water Toner. I got baptized and confirmed and it was awesome! It was a private service due to the stay at home. I visit with people of the new church by phone and they instruct me. I've made new friends. I'm working at home and miss going to my office. I still have the work, but no office. The office is a nostalgic faraway place - who would have thought, lol. 
@EdithS2 Wow you're almost there!  Hunker down and get it paid off.  I really try not to use CCs at all.  Luckily I have kept my job during this wacky shutodwn. 

Latest posts

Back