New to forum need direction

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
well hello! I stumbled apon this site while looking for help with getting that 40s glam look for my valentines date with my husband. Any pointers?

Just wanted to welcome you to the boards!

the only thing I can suggest is black liquid liner and red lipstick. Sorry, guess I am not much help with the 40's look, but I am sure you will get plenty of replies on this board to help you out in that area!

Thanks Summer.

yeah, I bought black, liquid liner and red lipstick. Honestly, I'm afraid of liquid liner. I'm great with eye shadow and pencil liners, but I fear that on the big night I will screw up the liquid stuff royally. I plan on practising.

I'm STILL learning, so I'm sorry I can't be of any help in this area, but I did want to give you a VERY warm welcome to MuT! I'm Melissa from Atlanta.

Welcome to MakeupTalk, we got many great talented people here so I hope they can help you out.

See you around!

Welcome to MUT. Hey girls didn't we do a DTB for the 40's glam look? I think I recall seeing it, but not sure.....

hi! welcome to mut!

just try practicing with the liquid liner. and if you don't get it by then, try mac's fluidliner in Blacktrack. and if that doesn't work out for ya, use a matte black e/s as a liner.

welcome to MUT! i'm jennifer from NYC :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i second liz's suggestion on using a gel liner instead, although it might not be AS dramatic as liquid. it's a lot easier to use. i recommend mac's fluidline in blacktrack (black).

Welcome to mut!!Hope you`ll find what you are looking for!!See you around!!

Back