Glycolic Acid

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was thinking of buying some of this

because i have been breaking out like crazy all over and proactiv doesn't seem to work anymore. Has anyone tried it for acne? If so, did it work?

I am tempted because i don't want to spend a lot on something i have never used but the warnings are sort of scary,

thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have not used this product but i just wanted to say that if you are breaking out really bad i suggest going to a derm.

Sorry i could not be of more help!

I have used this product- and I would recommend it over benadryl peroxide- that stuff dries out my face then makes it that much MORE oily!

I use to break out so bad. I use paula's choice BHA and AHA and my face is clear as a baby's buttocks. I recommend these products to everyone. It has a 90 day garauntee. U dont not need to buy their cleanser or moisturizer. Just their BHA and AHA.

i would go to a derm but my insurance swtiched and i can't right now. the proactiv sort of stopped working for me,

I use Glycolic acid skincare products everyday. I use a 10% cleanser, 10% Glycolic acid with Eucalyptus Toner and a 10% moisturisure and a 15% overnight treatment 2 times a week. This defenitely makes your skin gorgeous. Provides great exfoliation and the point of them is to accelerate the process of renewing skin cells and revealing new skin. Everytime you apply glycolic acid, your killing the skin you have now to get a nice new skin pretty much. :icon_chee Its pretty much just rapid exfoliation with an acid. When it comes to acne, it really does clear up your skin. This glycolic acid is amazing. I've tried many other products before, but none work as great as this has. About 2 weeks ago, I wrote another post about this topic. If you wanna read that one It'll give you abit more info. Hope that helps! :icon_chee

Proactiv has probably quit working because it's drying your skin too much and that causes more breakouts. Maybe try use a different cleanser,a mild one and still use the repairing lotion but add a moisturizer and the glycolic. Glycolic is a wonderful thing...love it!

I buy it from an online supplier on Ebay. Its lookgr8ltd. Thats the Ebays username and the name of her skincare company. You can also go to her website which is http://www.lookgr8.co.uk. She has sold thousands of these glycolic and other skincare items and has 100% feeback. Shes in the UK though. Glycolic acid has done wonders to my skin. Its made it almost flawless. Zits have stopped and skin looks great. :icon_chee

Back