What brushes would you use for this look?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
p_v152.jpg

I saw this look on livejournal and I have always loved the look of a really defined crease and was wondering what brushes would you all use to create this? Thanks a lot!

hmm, maybe trish mcevoy's #29. i don't have the brush near me, so if i'm wrong about the number, i'll come back and let you know :icon_redf

It might work with MAC 219 or just with som e/l to the crease and than blend up-I know a lot of people to that. I might aswell use some thin sintetic brush to make a line and than smudhe a bit.

I'd use my MAC 219 for the concentrated crease color and blend it out with the MAC 224. Very Pretty!

That's a great look!

I hope you post a FOTD if you copy that Devin!

ditto on the 219 and blend it out. but it look like she did a lighter brown first and then did the darker line

wow, i was way off. it's the #6 brush LOL now that i look at it, i don't think it'd work very well.

let us know if you try it!

Hi Devin,

Face: My first thing to do would be to airbrush on the foundation. Brows: I would use a softer color for the brows (they're shaped lovely, but a bit dark), then apply a clear gel. Eyes: For the entire lid, I would first apply MAC's Bare Canvas, then use their Pearl CCB over it. For the crease, I could use MAC's Teddy liner, soften the line then continue blending MAC's Soft Brown; or apply either MAC's Swiss Chocolate or Espresso in the same area as the Teddy liner, again softening the line, then continue blending using MAC's Soft Brown. Line the eye as close to the base of the lashes as possible. Curl the lashes, add a coat of mascara, apply false eyelashes, then softly apply another coast of mascara. Lips: I would line the lips with a nude liner, probably mix MAC's Tanarama with Fresh Buzz to get a beautiful color. Add just a mini touch of clear lipgloss. I would trace the outline of the lips with foundation or concealer, then blend it out to keep a beautilf shape. For the cheeks, I would apply Nars Orgasm.

Hi,

:icon_eek: Sorry, left this out. For the eyelid, I would apply Milani's Sheer Sand having it sit right on top of the ccb.

Gorgeous look! When I saw the title I couldn't belive you were asking for advice. You're so talented!! I'm glad someone could help you and I'd love to see pics when you try it.

Back