Allure magazine... the irony!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bought a copy of March Allure. I think it is the first time in years that I've read it. There are 5,000,000,000 beauty tips. I'm really overwhelmed by it all! Does anyone actually use the tips they give. Some of them are things that I've been doing for years, but others I'm just not really interested in. And then, ironically, they have an article on the worst beauty tips that they've published in Allure!! (Allure regrets p 234) How funny is that! Some of the bad tips were just trends, like the dark lipliner/pale lipstick, and using bronzer all over your face. Some were really off, like mixing lipstick with foundation!

Mixing lipstick with foundation :wassatt: Wow...

And then they are trying to give you more beauty tips...haha, who would believe them now.

I think it is just funny! I think next time I want to spend on a makeup magazine I'll go with a makeup artist industry magazine.

lol...that is really weird ...and i would never think of mixing foundation and lipstick

yeah i seen it too, it was interesting to read. I think its cool they admitted it :satisfied:

Hi,

I just got my issue via mail. I'm going to check this out. Thanks for the heads up.:clap

lol I've seen MA apply lipstick over foundation and It's just so weird, I did it once and my lips became so cackey, I didn't like it at all. Now MIXING those two things, it seems even more weird ehehe

I will pick this one up for sure, despite LL being on the cover :rolleyes: Ugh, they supported the dark liner/pale frosty lipstick? Blech!

i got that issue in the mail. i didnt read it all yet. so, i didnt get to that part of the magazine [the worst beauty tips]. i will within a few days here.

I will probably get my March issue next month, I actually just got the Feb issue in the mail a couple days ago. I dont know what the point of the subscription is, I see the March issue in stores all the time but it doesnt arrive :scared:

Back