Sign in to follow this  
Tinydancer

Presidential Debate Tonight...

The debate will be on tonight and I thought this might make it a bit more interesting. Here's the debate drinking game: Drink One Sip If: Anyone says "terrorism" Anyone says "Halliburton" Anyone says "flip flop" Anyone says "Saddam Hussein" Anyone blames "the media" Anyone mentions their own military service Anyone says "September 11" One candidate interrupts another candidate Drink Two Sips If: Bush says "cut and run" Kerry says "W stands for wrong" If either candidate talks past their time limit Kerry brings up Bush's "Mission Accomplished" moment Bush mentions Crawford, TX Anyone looks at the wrong camera Anyone whips out "evidence" Anyone says "Osama bin Laden" Anyone mentions blogs Anyone invokes the hurricane sympathy vote Anyone mentions "North Korea" Kerry mentions Bush wants to reinstate the draft Everytime you see anyone wearing the yellow "LiveSTRONG" bracelet Finish Your Glass If: Anyone in the audience gets dragged out of the auditorium Anyone in the audience gets off an unscripted question Bush mispronounces any word or name Anyone says "Osama bin Hidin'" Anyone uses a sports metaphor Anyone attempts to speak Spanish to pander to Latinos Do a Shot If: Bush mentions the deficit Bush accuses Kerry of being "French on terrorism" Kerry accuses Bush of being a pansy for avoiding Vietnam Bush admits he made a mistake ("miscalculation" counts) Ralph Nader shows up insisting on airtime Finish the Bottle If: Anyone challenges anyone to a duel The moderator rips off his mask to reveal his true identity is Karl Rove

Originally Posted by Tinydancer
The debate will be on tonight and I thought this might make it a bit more interesting.

Here's the debate drinking game:

Drink One Sip If:

Anyone says "terrorism"

Anyone says "Halliburton"

Anyone says "flip flop"

Anyone says "Saddam Hussein"

Anyone blames "the media"

Anyone mentions their own military service

Anyone says "September 11"

One candidate interrupts another candidate

Drink Two Sips If:

Bush says "cut and run"

Kerry says "W stands for wrong"

If either candidate talks past their time limit

Kerry brings up Bush's "Mission Accomplished" moment

Bush mentions Crawford, TX

Anyone looks at the wrong camera

Anyone whips out "evidence"

Anyone says "Osama bin Laden"

Anyone mentions blogs

Anyone invokes the hurricane sympathy vote

Anyone mentions "North Korea"

Kerry mentions Bush wants to reinstate the draft

Everytime you see anyone wearing the yellow "LiveSTRONG" bracelet

Finish Your Glass If:

Anyone in the audience gets dragged out of the auditorium

Anyone in the audience gets off an unscripted question

Bush mispronounces any word or name

Anyone says "Osama bin Hidin'"

Anyone uses a sports metaphor

Anyone attempts to speak Spanish to pander to Latinos

Do a Shot If:

Bush mentions the deficit

Bush accuses Kerry of being "French on terrorism"

Kerry accuses Bush of being a pansy for avoiding Vietnam

Bush admits he made a mistake ("miscalculation" counts)

Ralph Nader shows up insisting on airtime

Finish the Bottle If:

Anyone challenges anyone to a duel

The moderator rips off his mask to reveal his true identity is Karl Rove

We will all be passed out or on the way to the hospital for alcohol poisoning 15 minutes into the debate Posted ImagePosted Image

So how did you call think it went tonight? Did you watch it?

Originally Posted by shoediva
Guess I will be calling out sick tomorrow but oh the FuN!!!!

I believe the debate was a victory for John Kerry. He showed something that we needed to see: strength, power and conviction. I am not a Bush fan. He has failed us and all the 1000+ troops we've lost. George Bush has a record of failure to defend. I live in NY, I experienced 9/11 first hand. I truly believe its time for a change- and no I won't argue this.

When I listen to George Bush I know I am listening to a man who wants to do his best for this country, being President is not a popularity contest to him, he has a job to do and he is going to do it. I believe with John Kerry all we get is lip service, he will say and do just about anything to get into the White House, I just don't trust someone whose views seem to change directions every time he opens his mouth, it must be hell working on his campaign staff and trying to keep up with his "Flip Flopping". The man I want in the White House is the one who knows what has to be done to keep America safe and will do it.

A wonderful thing about living in America is your right to your own opinion- regardless of how ignorant it is. Posted Image

Arguing politics is a no win.

Naturally! I'm with you on this one! I think Kerry spoke better than Kerry, but his track record of NO conviction says it all. Plus, I am afraid of a president that flip flops like he does. Bush is dead on when he says: Quoting: "What my opponent wants you to forget is he voted to authorize the use of force. Now he says it's the wrong war in the wrong place," Bush said. "What message does that send our troops? What message does that send our allies? What message does that send the Iraqis? The way to win this is to be steadfast and resolved and to follow the plan that I've outlined." The president also made reference to a comment Kerry made that has dogged his campaign of late: that he voted for the $87 billion authorization for the war before he voted against it.

Originally Posted by naturally
ROFLMAO ...strength power ...conviction? I'm sorry ...was that on the debate ...I didn't see it ..I saw a TRUE POLITICIAN flip flopping ..not once saying HOW he'd do things ..saying WHAT he'd do ..... Being a RETIRED military member I don't see how he failed us at all. I'm sorry for 9/11 ..however had it been him or Clinton in there at the time ...well ..I'd be wearing a boda (I think that' what they call them) and things would be alot worse off. Gee can you tell I'm for Bush? The majority of folks I have talked to this morning are saying the same thing ...Kerry was a joke!

A wonderful thing about living in America is your right to your own opinion- regardless of how ignorant it is. Posted Image

Well put!

And I did watch the whole debate yesterday, and I will be voting for Kerry.

I would be happy to elaborate if anyone is interested, but I think most people have already decided who they are going to vote for, and I don't expect to change anyone's opinion.

Originally Posted by alittleweirdo
Well put! And I did watch the whole debate yesterday, and I will be voting for Kerry. I would be happy to elaborate if anyone is interested, but I think most people have already decided who they are going to vote for, and I don't expect to change anyone's opinion.
ALW, lets hear it so we can start up a nice mature debate on the details of John Kerry

Was the ignorant remark meant for me?Posted Image

No way Harley, you one of my favs!!!! I meant it as a general comment. I just get really frustrated at what is happenng to our country and our troops BUT I would never let politics come between me and my gals!!!

Originally Posted by Harleymom10860
Was the ignorant remark meant for me?Posted Image

No way Harley, you one of my favs!!!! I meant it as a general comment. I just get really frustrated at what is happenng to our country and our troops BUT I would never let politics come between me and my gals!!!
Oh OK, thanks for clearing it up for me Diva, like I said, you guys gotta type a little slower for me sometimes Posted Image . I guess I should have known you were too sweet for that, just had a crazy day yesterday and my mind was going a million miles an hour. Thanks again hon! Big hugs ((((((Diva)))))) and have a great weekend.

Thanks HARLEY!!! Back at you!!

Posted Image

Originally Posted by Harleymom10860
Oh OK, thanks for clearing it up for me Diva, like I said, you guys gotta type a little slower for me sometimes Posted Image . I guess I should have known you were too sweet for that, just had a crazy day yesterday and my mind was going a million miles an hour. Thanks again hon! Big hugs ((((((Diva)))))) and have a great weekend.

Originally Posted by Tony(admin)
ALW, lets hear it so we can start up a nice mature debate on the details of John Kerry
I'm all for mature debates, but I do realize that many people have already decided who they are going to vote for. Also, Kerry was not my first choice for president, and I did not vote for him in the primary. But, I do support the Democratic platform and I prefer Kerry to Bush. Personally, I think Kerry is a better speaker than Bush. Kerry is more articulate, and was able to retain his composure during the debate. I felt that Kerry responded better to pressure, and showed that he can think on his feet, while Bush stumbled over his words several times during the debate. I also support Kerry because he is Pro-Choice, believes emergency contraception should be available over the counter, and supports comprehensive sex education. I don't think the Bush administration has a good health care policy. Bush has also tried to appoint very conservative judges to federal courts. I realize there is a possibility that a supreme court justice will retire in the next four years, and I do not want to see a conservative judge (like clarence thomas) appointed to the supreme court, since justices serve for life. I also believe that gay and lesbian couples should have the right to get married, and firmly oppose a consitutional amendement to ban gay marriage. I wish the democratic party would take a firmer stand on this issue, but I think allowing individual states to decide the issue is the best I can hope for right now. I realize I mentioned some personal issues, and these are things I feel very strongly about and affect the way I vote. I respect that not everyone will agree with me. Those are the main issues I can think of right now, I'm sure there will be more as we watch the remaining debates!

Kindly see this post here: http://www.makeuptalk.com/forums/sho...2924#post22924

Originally Posted by alittleweirdo
I'm all for mature debates, but I do realize that many people have already decided who they are going to vote for. Also, Kerry was not my first choice for president, and I did not vote for him in the primary. But, I do support the Democratic platform and I prefer Kerry to Bush. Personally, I think Kerry is a better speaker than Bush. Kerry is more articulate, and was able to retain his composure during the debate. I felt that Kerry responded better to pressure, and showed that he can think on his feet, while Bush stumbled over his words several times during the debate. I also support Kerry because he is Pro-Choice, believes emergency contraception should be available over the counter, and supports comprehensive sex education. I don't think the Bush administration has a good health care policy. Bush has also tried to appoint very conservative judges to federal courts. I realize there is a possibility that a supreme court justice will retire in the next four years, and I do not want to see a conservative judge (like clarence thomas) appointed to the supreme court, since justices serve for life. I also believe that gay and lesbian couples should have the right to get married, and firmly oppose a consitutional amendement to ban gay marriage. I wish the democratic party would take a firmer stand on this issue, but I think allowing individual states to decide the issue is the best I can hope for right now. I realize I mentioned some personal issues, and these are things I feel very strongly about and affect the way I vote. I respect that not everyone will agree with me. Those are the main issues I can think of right now, I'm sure there will be more as we watch the remaining debates!

I'm with Diva & littlewierdo... I know too many people that are fighting over in Iraq (and so far most of which are home, thank god) and I have been given an insight as to how this war is being handled, and the REAL reasons behind it. (And "Iraqi Freedom" is hardly on that list) more like OIL. Americans are just being told what they are "supposed" to hear. Each one of those soldiers are with Kerry, and so am I. Despite the fact of the opinions of people who were there, I cannot support someone who has many different views than I, as well as someone who will put his own popularity contest ahead of the well being of this country or its people. He needs to stop putting terrorist countries first, and worry about HIS people. He can't even handle answering questions. I don't support someone who isn't quick on his feet - that replies "umm.. uhhh... well... ummm... you caught me off guard with that one" to simple questions about the future of this nation. Kerry has served this country proudly and knows what the American people value. I'm not usually a political person, most of the time I barely get involved, but since 9/11 - being in NY and knowing several people risking thier lives in Iraq, I feel rather strongly this Election year. I'm not ready to give Bush another 4 years to glorify himself and turn this country a deaf ear... I also wouldn't be surprised if Bin Ladin shows up captured just before election time.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Yep he did! Omg, this is a great thread!

Tony ...didn't Kerry dog just about all the questions ... Oh ..he's very eloquent at speech ...I'll give him that ...but you know what ...that's not going to cut it. I'd rather have someone that maybe can't speak as well ..or pauses alot ..whatever ...but they've been steadfast in their convictions ...stuck to it ..didn't flip flop. I have a really HARD time having someone that came back from Vietnam ..bashing everything (a Jane Fonda supporter) and now wants to be President ...no ..sorry. The last I looked ..the military was a volunteer one ..will be, is always going to be ...quite a few joined after 9/11 ...to go over and fight for freedom, to fight against terrorism. Many have signed up for second terms when they got back. Yes I'd love to have our boys/girls home ...but there's a job to be done, they understand that so let them do their job they JOINED and SWORE a pledge to do! This VETERAN is for BUSH!

Angel,

Who the heck is telling you that the Troops are with Kerry?? That is simply just not true. If you watch the Clinton News Network, the you will surely believe that. The troops are not with Kerry, this is a simple fact coming from a Veteran.

You are sounding like someone who is just listening to the media. Be careful! They are good at SPIN!

Originally Posted by NYAngel98
I'm with Diva & littlewierdo... I know too many people that are fighting over in Iraq (and so far most of which are home, thank god) and I have been given an insight as to how this war is being handled, and the REAL reasons behind it. (And "Iraqi Freedom" is hardly on that list) more like OIL. Americans are just being told what they are "supposed" to hear. Each one of those soldiers are with Kerry, and so am I. Despite the fact of the opinions of people who were there, I cannot support someone who has many different views than I, as well as someone who will put his own popularity contest ahead of the well being of this country or its people. He needs to stop putting terrorist countries first, and worry about HIS people. He can't even handle answering questions. I don't support someone who isn't quick on his feet - that replies "umm.. uhhh... well... ummm... you caught me off guard with that one" to simple questions about the future of this nation. Kerry has served this country proudly and knows what the American people value. I'm not usually a political person, most of the time I barely get involved, but since 9/11 - being in NY and knowing several people risking thier lives in Iraq, I feel rather strongly this Election year. I'm not ready to give Bush another 4 years to glorify himself and turn this country a deaf ear... I also wouldn't be surprised if Bin Ladin shows up captured just before election time.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

You rock NYangel! Yes, there are countless soldiers who went to war under a different notion. Morale has gone down and these soldiers need a new credible leader!! I refuse to give Bush 4 more years!!!

I think many of us are waiting for that "October SUrprise" especially since Bush isnt doing as well as he taught. This is what a interesting website poll indicates can happen:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" align=center bgColor=#ffcc32 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=center><TD height=40>What Will Happen Before The Election?</TD></TR><TR vAlign=bottom align=right><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=22>Osama bin Laden captured!</TD><TD noWrap height=22>Posted Image 38.4%</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22>Spectacular terrorist attack on US soil!</TD><TD noWrap height=22>Posted Image 16.4%</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22>Vote is threatened by terrorist attacks, vote suspended due to red alert.</TD><TD noWrap height=22>Posted Image 14.4%</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22>Diebold Election Systems fixes the vote in battleground states.</TD><TD noWrap height=22>Posted Image 11.9%</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22>Escalation in Israel, Iran, or North Korea. US opens a new war front.</TD><TD noWrap height=22>Posted Image 8.9%</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22>WMD's found in Iraq!</TD><TD noWrap height=22>Posted Image 6.1%</TD></TR><TR><TD height=22>US pulls out of Iraq in October, leaving the UN in charge.</TD><TD noWrap height=22>Posted Image 3.9%</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Total votes: 16988

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

scary ! Lets keep our fingers crossed that any attack will not happen.

Originally Posted by NYAngel98

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/14/14_3_2v.gif http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/14_1_30.gif http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/14_1_32.gif

ROFLMAO ...CNN ...LOVE IT! Hmmm ...aren't 99% of the medias out there ...Democratic supporters ..news, papers, etc?

Being Retired Navy ..I have quite a few ...military friends ...still active, retired, out, etc ..I don't know of ANY of them that support Kerry ...NOT AT ALL! One of those friends is a Vietnam Vet ..and he DEFINITELY doesn't support him!

I think as long as you keep reading/listening to the propaganda (news, moveon.org, etc) ..you'll believe that SPIN that Tony so mentions ..and they are SO good at that. Listen to the Bush & Kerry next debate ....so maybe Bush doesn't speak so well ...look how steadfast he's been thruout all of this (war, 9/11, etc) ....No ..no one wants a war ...no one likes them ...but he's doing a fabulous job all considering what he's going thru.

Acutally I've only seen about 10 minutes of the debate recap - and that's about all on this whole campaign. I've read things here & there... what each candidate voted for, what they are for/against... but I am NOT one to sit around watching tv and believing everything I see or hear, listening to "propaganda". It is not my place to infringe my beliefs on others, but EVERY single person I know in the military is going with Kerry... maybe the people you know, or Veterans, aren't. But I've known most of these people for a long time (and they are not all from NY either) and they are totally against Bush - even the 2 that just retired this year after their tour of duty there. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. I just feel that he could've done much better than he has been. Maybe Kerry isn't perfect, but I don't think Bush will do any better with 4 more years. We have Saddam, we probably will have Osama too... but he is insistant on protecting these people who are taught from birth to hate Americans and are instilled with Terrorism from day one. They are born with these ideas and beliefs, and there is nothing we can do to change that. Having 4 10 year-olds drive a car loaded with self-detonating explosives into the middle of an American escort convoy just proves that. Kerry is STILL getting my vote.

Posted Image