Maybelline Superstay lipcolor - So far so good

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm on a no-buy, but I figured since I'm getting this free after rebate, it would be ok. So, I picked up Maybelline Superstay Lipcolor in Peach. Most long wearing lipcolors that I've tried have been more of a lip stain type product, including the Prestige longwearing color that I tried. The color on the Superstay is more of a lipstick consistency when you first apply it. After 2 minutes, it will be more dry, but when you apply the balm it revives the shine and feels just like regular moisturizing lipstick. I absolutely love it. No we'll just see if it lives up to it's expectations - "lasts up to 16 hours". I'd better get at least 8. I've had it on for an hour and 1/2 and it still feels like I just applied it. It's not sticky either. The only gripe I have is that the peach turned out quite pink on my lips.

US Residents: And if you missed the thread earlier this month, it's free after rebate all month long at Walgreens, among other things!! There is also a promo through Maybelline where you can mail in your competitors longwearing lipcolor for a free Maybelline Superstay.

I usually dislike the long wearing lipsticks, but I tired this one, and it did lat at least 8 hours on me, and it didn't dry out my lips or peel off, and the balm is really nice, I kept re-applying all day and for me 8 hours is a LONG time, and it was still there at the end of the day!!

thanks for telling us!

i've picked this up so many times, but i'm never satisfied with drugstore colors, but i'm gonna give this a shot!

I've looked at this a couple times too, but always put it back, mainly because I've never tried a long-last lipstick, and didn't want one that made my lips cracked and peely. It sounds like its worth a shot!

Just keep applying the balm, that kept mine good for a long time, and I did eat!

i forget whigh cable style/makeup show I saw this on, but they did a test on 3 brands of the stay on lip color- Max Factor lipfinity, Cover Girl Outlast, and one other one, I forget....they ate with them on, kissed with them on, everything with them on...anyway, Max Factor won, for both long-wearing and looking nice and not all dry and flakey-and I've been using it ever since.

I wear SeneGence Lipsense, which is a stain , then you apply the gloss for shine and moisture. It lasts on me about 12 hours and does not bleed or feather. As long as I have gloss , my lips never dry out. It also repairs your lips skin cells while you are wearing it. The gloss has shea butter which is used on burn victims.

Back