Yet another Hair coloring question...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, I hope I can get some advice. I currenty have my hair colored dark blonde with lighter highlites....the problem is that the color is fading and I bought a L'oreal Excellence Dark Blonde kit to re-color my hair... my question is: Will I preserve the lighter highlights if I apply the product to all my hair or will they go away?

Also, I have heard that it's best to apply color when the hair is a little greasy.. is this true?

Well coloring 'dirty' hair is better because the natural oils protect your scalp and help it from getting too dried out. Id you're going to put dark blonde over your whole head, you will most likely cover up the lighter highlights. In time, once it oxidizes, those streaks might lighten up a bit, but you'd probably have to have them re-bleached to get them really light again. It's up to you... you can do your hair w/ the dark blonde and see if you like it after 2 weeks or so.... and then if not, you can have more highlights added in... :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think I will try and see how it goes.

One question, I have dark brown hair and I was wondering if I would be able to lighten it up just by applying a light blonde to my whole head, or would I have to bleach it beforehand in order to get good results? I don't want to be light blonde, just a natural looking dark blonde...

And bleaching it has just made my hair horrible dry.... :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks for the fast response NYAngel

dark blonde or dark brown?

your original post said dark blonde O_O

dark brown, you'll need to bleach unfortunately >_<

Back