John Freida Hair Glaze

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone used this yet? I know the shampoo def makes ur hair shinny but i was wondering how the new GLAZE was. Also how exactly is it used?

After shampoo & conditioner? Does it need to be rinsed?

let me know if its worth buying

I've tried it.

You wash your hair and condition as usual then you apply the glaze throughout your hair (be careful not to get it on your shower surfaces, it stains) then leave it in for 3 minutes and rinse.

I've noticed a difference in my hair. It's shiny and the color is richer. However, if you have oily or thin hair I do not recommend it. My hair gets oiler with this and I have to blow dry my hair almost immediately after getting out of the shower to add extra volume as the glaze seems to weigh down my hair.

Overall I think it's an OK product. Not sure if it's worth the price though (about $9) since the bottle only lasts me about a week and a half (I have very long hair). And like I said, I do not recommend it for thin or really oily hair. I think it would work better if you applied less product on the roots.

Hope that helps!

I have never tried the glaze, but I use a lot of other john freida products (from the frizz line) and I'm really happy w/ them

I've tried it.... not really impressed. I thought it made my hair a little more dull actually and somewhat weighed down.

I can forget trying this then I have the oilest hair in the world, I have to wash it everyday

i just tried it today, and when i was putting in my hair it was so messy! i got it all over my bathtub. and it smelled like coconuts but really strong ( not a bad smell) when i blew my hair out it was easier then other times, i did notice a slight change in color nothing to crazy, but no shine . im going to keep using it since it says you have to use it a couple of times for the best results

yeah, It's very messy. I had to scrub my shower and the walls. No fun. I did notice that my color was richer after the third or fourth use. My husband loves the way it makes my hair smell.

i bought this about a month and half ago.. and followed the directions and didnt want to post something too prematuraly so i waited until i used the whole bottle

I got it at wally world (aka wal mart lol) for like $8-9...

i got the darkest shade of brunette they had available.... the coloring is very subtle ( hence a GLAZE NOT A DYE !!) ....

and be careful when washing this out ! ... if u dont entirely was it out it will make your hair looks greay and really weight it down !!

I'm not too sure if the end results were permanant or not ? b/c after going through the whole bottle it seems as tho my hair is back to the color it was originally lol

so if i had to repurchase.. no more than likely not

but hey everyone gets different results on different products... if youre looking for a dramatic color change or if u dont want to wait a month then i wouldnt bother with this...

hope it helped u some !!

I liked it at first. I bought the darkest shade of brown they had and used it for 2 weeks it made my hair really shiny and pretty. But after that it started to dry out my scalp and i had really bad dandruff problems and severe itching so if you have sensative scalp i would be really cautious in using this.

ive also been wanting to try this, but if it makes my hair oily, forget it. i like biosilk. it really looks good.

I felt like it left a lot of build up on my hair and made it dull instead of shiny. I don't care for it all. I used one of the blondes.

Back