Estheticians

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it depends, how much experience you have and where you work. It's one of those jobs where you start just above minimum wage and end up raking in alot.

It varies depending the area you live in and the location you work. The Estheticians I work with make anywhere from $600 - $3000 a week. Huge gap there but the high end is someone who has a HUGE book *clientele* and has a lot of education behind her & she works her ass off. It's not a froo froo job, you have to cater/service to people's every whim and have a great technique and be very knowledgable.

yeah it depends on where you work, what kind of office or place, ( like in a dr. office, store,or spa )what experience you have, what all that you do.

You can go to PayScale.com and type in your area, credentials, etc. In Atlanta first year non-medical estheticians range from $19K - $30k. The US range for certified estheticians is $20K - $42.5K. Hope this helps!

What exactly is an esthetician? I always thought it was someone who performed skincare stuff, like facials and peels, and plucked eyebrows. Just thought I'd ask!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by kam_621 What exactly is an esthetician? I always thought it was someone who performed skincare stuff, like facials and peels, and plucked eyebrows. Just thought I'd ask!
smile.gif
that's correct!
i think it has a lot to do with what your spa changes for services. most spas in michigan pay the esthetician a percentage of the service. so, it would depend on what services you perform and what percentage you can negotiate. on a really good day you can make several $100s. spa parties and events are the best!

Originally Posted by Leza1121 Hi,
In NYC, starting out, about $60-$70/day.

This amount does not include tips nor the percentage of retail (if this was negotiated).

Originally Posted by kellianne76 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well, I have taken the plunge and have decided to go to school to become an esthetician.
rockwoot.gif
Very cool! Do you have any details yet (e.g. start date, etc.)?
Definitely keep us posted and teach us everything you know!

One of the spas I go to for pedicures was telling me that you make a certain percentage of what services you provide.

I am starting esthetician school on Monday
smile.gif
My program takes 6 months.

Back