Juicy hamburgers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Any good info on making a juicy burger? Has anyone heard of using plain yogurt with burger to add moistness? Also has anyone used onion soup mix with the burger. Is it any good. Any recipes would be appreciated for Memorial Day. Thanks
icon_study.gif

Try grating up a bit of onion and bell pepper for some moisture, always buy ground round and don't overcook. There also the option of getting the burgers that are sold in the frozen food section called Bubba Burgers, these are the only ones that are 100% beef most others have textured soy protein added.

Don't get the super lean meat...80/20 is best for tasty, juiicy burgers. I have done the onion soup thing, it's good. Have also done worchestershire, it's ok too but IMHO nothing beats a plain burger with maybe some garlic salt and pepper mixed in...gotta have it right off the grill with a fresh tomatoe and some mayo/ketchup! YUMMMM

i used to work as a chef and in our homemade burgers we added some ketchup and mustard, as well as eggs to bind the mixture and preserve some moisture. also you could try sealing them in a frying pan and then finishing them off in the oven covered with tin foil to further keep them moist. x hth

well, we bar-b-q- mexican style, so avocado and hot salsa is ALWAYS good!!! also the hot dogs we make with the bacon wrapped around the weenie, delicious!!! oh, and i put an egg in the meat when i'm mixing and onion salt, pepper, garlic salt, anything i find, pretty much and dont forget the cheese and thousand island, and chili jalapenos always add more flavor!!
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif
chef_smiley.gif
thumbsup2.gif
smilehappyyes.gif
beer.gif

Back