Fish oil

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I heard you need to take 6 1000 mg fish oil caps per day. Does anyone else take this many. I would rather just take 3 but I want to make sure I get the benefits from it. Thanks

I've heard i need to take a lot of things per day, Vit. Minerals ... oils ... etc .. but i never do .. just eat healthy and 1 - a -day does it for me

Omega 3! Omega 3! I'd not bother with them if I ate anything with Omega 3 in it. Unfortunatly, I tend not to. So, fish oil for me!

I take 4-6 a day...4 every day, 6 on the days I remember to.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by wvpumpkin I heard you need to take 6 1000 mg fish oil caps per day. Does anyone else take this many. I would rather just take 3 but I want to make sure I get the benefits from it. Thanks I heard 2 a day. make sure u get odorless ones or it will give u bad breath. Do you only take these for OMEGA 3?

Fish oil is very good for you, but 3-4 should be plenty. Be careful, though. Some brands are contaminated. You really should get a good pharmaceutical grade fish oil, like Natural Factors, or Dr. Barry Sears brand. I used a cheaper brand when I didn't know better and got very sick. The cheap brands may have mercury and pcb's and other bad stuff in them. Plus, they give you the Hershey squirts
yuck.gif

If you don't eat fish a lot, then it's fine.

But, I love fish and I eat it a lot, so I don't need it.

I have been taking 4 a day. To help my skin (it is not itchy and so dry anymore), for depression, and also b/c it is a natural anti-inflammatory and I have back pain and TMD (TMJ disorder). I read all kinds of numbers of grams you need to take, so I dont know. Usually it depends on what your reason for taking it for are, like if just general health, I would think 4 is fine. When I read about it for depression, people take like 10 1000 mg pills a day, but I dont feel I need that much. I hate fish so I never eat it.

edit: I had put 10 1000 grams, I changed it to mg, that would sure be a heck of a lot in grams, lol

Originally Posted by wvpumpkin I heard you need to take 6 1000 mg fish oil caps per day. Does anyone else take this many. I would rather just take 3 but I want to make sure I get the benefits from it. Thanks You dont HAVE to... If you eat enough omega-3 fatty acids in your diet, you're all good. There is some soft evidence suggesting that fish oil supplementation (3000 mg a day) can help lower cholesterol. if you eat fish, especially salmon and tuna, 2 times a week, you get all the omega 3 you need. Same thing if you eat a tablespoon of flax seeds everyday.

In the other hand, there is no known harm of ingesting fish oil capsules so it probably wont hurt you.
smile.gif

Uh, call me BAD because I don't eat fish and I don't take fish oil... *sneaks off*

I tried to take fish oil for my cholesterol, but it didn't help at all. I felt like I had fishy breath. My mom (retired OR nurse) and her brother both started taking RES-Q 1250. It's too expensive for me since insurance wouldn't pay for it, but she was able to stop taking a prescription statin and got her cholesterol down even more taking these. She also doesn't have any more joint pain, etc. She turns 70 in November.

http://www.n3inc.com/index2.html

omega 3 comes from 2 different sources........fish oil (light pills) and flaxseed (dark pills) both work equally as well!!

I find the fish kind come back up and taste fishy when you burp and the flaxseed ones don't do that...........options for you vegans.

Back