Makeup brands

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know, professional artists I usally see use Dior or smashbox.. and some stilla. I don't see a lot of MAC used.

Most artists that I have seen use a variety of brands. It depends on the type of look they are going for. MAC,of course,because of the great color pay off and variety of colors. But a lot of artists use so many different brands like Ben Nye, Kryolan,RCMA,

too many to mention!

Well, I know MAC is cheaper than Chanel... I believe Dior is about up there in price with Chanel... I think Armani is too...

every time i look through allure magazine, i like to see what they used on models and stuff because it always says, and a total of ONCE in the years i've been reading this mag, i've seen mac mentioned!

Originally Posted by noahlowryfan what cosmetic brands are well-known to professional makeup artists? Hi,
As a pro artist, I use quite a number of things. Some of the brands in my pro kit are Makeup Forever, Iman, Stila, MAC, Sephora Brand, Ben Nye, Kryolan, Mehron, Wolff Brothers, Temptu, Skin Illustrator, Smashbox, Lorac, Black Opal, Wet-n-Wild, Your Name Products (private label), Eve Pearl, Alcone, L'Oreal, Maybelline, Milani, Cover Girl, Urban Decay, NARS, Benefit, DermaDoctor, Cinema Secrets and a few others....
laughing.gif

Other things that I don't have but are used by friends of mine are:

RCMA

Visiora

Shu Uemura (I just have their lash curler)

Kevyn Aucoin

Hope this helps.

Back