Help for oily skin

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hopefully somebody can help me. I have very oily skin and I live in a humid climate and I don't like liquid foundation, I like powder but by noon my face is so greasy and my pores look huge and my makeups gone. I use Dr. Brandts pore control or Clinique Shine control under my makeup but I'm also using Prescriptives Line preventor which I thinking about stopping the line preventor cause I don't know if its making the oil worse plus I have no lines. Can anyone rec anything as far as a good makeup or anything that u oily girls find useful.

Thanks Amy

Hey! I just discovered something this afternoon. LOL Try mixing some cornstarch in with your powder or your mineral foundation. Also, make sure you're using a gentle cleanser and moisturizer because too many harsh chemicals can dry you out, forcing your body to produce even more oil.

I have super oily skin and have tried tons of different oil-control makeup, gels, moisturizers, etc., including products recommended by my dermatologist. The only product I've tried that's made any difference in my skin is CO Bigelow Extra-Light Face Lotion. It doesn't keep my face matte all day, but it seems to take about twice as long for my face to get shiny with this stuff! So I am shiny by lunchtime instead of mid-morning
wink.gif
lol

I also agree with sproutwings in that you don't want to use too many drying products, because your skin will think it's too dry and produce even more oil to make up for it!

I use Monistat Anti chafing gel and Tru blend Power. I haven't broke out and my make up stays good for about 6 hrs. . It also keeps the mascara from running.

i have oily skin too. first, make sure you're drinking plenty of water. when you're dehydrated your skin tends to produce more oil. then make sure you are not using too many skincare products..keep it as simple as possible. i like Bliss Mattifying Gel. it usually keeps my face good all day and it seems to help my foundation stay on and last longer too. it's probably best that you don't use liquid foundation, (although i do) but any powder makeup is better for us oily skin gals. blotting papers are helpful too, i usually blot my face 1-2 times daily. and it doesn't take your makeup off, it just removes the oil. it's also nice to have a mattifying translucent powder with you b/c you can touch up your face and reduce oil, without it getting cakey on ya. hope this helps!

As for powders, you may want to try MAC Blot Powder or BE's Mineral Veil or a similar finishing powder from one of the many mineral makeup lines. Both of these products have seemed to help me somewhat stay matte in hot, humid weather.

When I was in India, my skin was the best, since it was humid, and my skin is oily (if it was legal, my face would have it's own oil pumping rig), and I used BE, and my skin loved it, and didn't break me out, and it looked fabolous, so I suggest getting mineral makeup...

Back