My "what the heck was I thinking???" haul

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Girls, this is my grand Ottawa haul.
smile.gif
Let's go step-by-step:

1) I got stuck in minneapolis for a night so I went to the mall of america and bought some goodies that were not liquid and I culd take in my carry on bag since I pretty much knew they were going to loose my luggage.. ended up buying more than I needed. LOL. Also bought a lipgloss and hid it in my bag hehehe. Bad, bad!

Attachment 25629

From MAC: 45 wipes since I had no cleanser with me; VGVI l/s and l/g (ohhhh my!!!! lovely!); concealer pencil since I had no liquid concealer with me; Beige-ing shadestick since I had no paints or CCB, Shell CCB, sharpener.

Attachment 25627

From benefit: Mr. feelgood primer since it is the only solid primer I could find. Didnt like it very much though. Also got a lip plumper pencil, more for the color since it doesnt really plump. LOL

Attachment 25620

From Bare Escentuals: Buzz latte lip balm (ohhhhh gosh, it smells so good, it's a great product!), Glimmers in hottie (darker) and In the buff (lighter).

Attachment 25619

From Bobbi Brown: Shimmer brick in Rose; e/s (diamond dust) in Gilded (OH MY!!! What a lovely golden shade!!!)

Attachment 25630

2) Then I went to MAC in Ottawa and got: Azreal blue pigment; Jubilee and Snob lipsticks, lightshade and slip pink e/s, and another e/s whose name I cant remember now. LOL

3) I went to Inglot which is a Canadian MAC wannabe (LOL), got a lipgloss duo in Cappucino (lovely!), a retractable lip brush and this wonderful blush brush that had a small highlither brush on the other side!!! I absolutely love this brush!

Attachment 25617Attachment 25622Attachment 25624Attachment 25626Attachment 25628

4) Jamie was playing golf so I had a MAC makeover and ended up buying some things.... Blacktrack fluidline and another golden fluidline whose name I cant remember LOL (EDIT: I remember now, it is Brassie); Shroom and Light brown matte e/s; prep+prime lash, 266 and 239 brushes, Bronze and Braden; and Cute yet sexy lip Varnishes (love it!)

5) I went to a drugstore and bought a Quo foundation brush and Quo light diffusing fundation in medium beige (just for variety LOL), La Roche Posay Anthelios SPF 45, 2 Eye creams/stick from Vichy and one face cream from Vichy.

6) Went to Bobbi brown and got the Gold Shimmer brick compact, a tinted moisturizer in medium (love it!), and an e/s in golden pink. I got free samples of the buffing grains for face (absolutely LOVE it, will have to buy the real stuff); an eye cream and a face base, all pretty good!

7) At Lancome I bought the fatale mascara and got a free sample of an e/s quad and a free sample of the Hypnose mascara.

Attachment 25625Attachment 25621Attachment 25618

Attachment 25623

WOW! Sounds like fun! Now I have to see FOTD's form you! Or are you already about to post one? What mascara are you going to wear first? I'm excited for yoU!

Great haul!

OK WOW!!! Thais you really amazed me with this haul!! LOL

This BB gold diamond e/s is sooo pretty!!! Also you made me lemming this Buzz latte lip balm from BE!!

This double ended brush you got is exactly like my Stila #24!!

And you got one of my latest huge lemmings Cute Yet Sexy Lip Varnish!! I can't wait for them to release here, I also want Hard Coral but it seems to be very bright!

Your haul inspired me hehehehehe!!!

That is a big and expensive and fab haul. Enjoy the product, and do post a pic on how your lashes look after the Fatal mascara...

Originally Posted by Sophia /img/forum/go_quote.gif OK WOW!!! Thais you really amazed me with this haul!! LOL
This BB gold diamond e/s is sooo pretty!!! Also you made me lemming this Buzz latte lip balm from BE!!

This double ended brush you got is exactly like my Stila #24!!

And you got one of my latest huge lemmings Cute Yet Sexy Lip Varnish!! I can't wait for them to release here, I also want Hard Coral but it seems to be very bright!

Your haul inspired me hehehehehe!!!

Cute yet sexy is lovely, it is a light p[eachy shade, reminds me of charm factor l/s. All the lip varnishes were super dark though. I think I may end up buying the pink one too.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by pieced /img/forum/go_quote.gif That is a big and expensive and fab haul. Enjoy the product, and do post a pic on how your lashes look after the Fatal mascara... It gives an amazing deal of lenght and separation but no volume whatsoever. I will have to combine it with another mascara for volume...

Play time! Looks like you are gonna be in makeup heaven for a while. Congrats!

Hi Thais,

What rib ticklin' title!
4.gif
4.gif
I cracked up when I read it.

Enjoy your awesome haul.

Originally Posted by bluebird26 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Niiiiiice haul
smile.gif
I'm so intrigued with Bobby Brown
smile.gif
So am I.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by bluebird26 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Niiiiiice haul
smile.gif
I'm so intrigued with Bobby Brown
smile.gif
I am also intrigued by them!

Fabulous haul Thais! How are you liking the Shimmer bricks? I saw tht gold one when I went to BB and couldn't justify buying three shimmer bricks at once. I know that I am going to regret it.

Tell us about the Diamond Dust? They didnt have it at my counter.

Originally Posted by Marisol /img/forum/go_quote.gif I am also intrigued by them!

Fabulous haul Thais! How are you liking the Shimmer bricks? I saw tht gold one when I went to BB and couldn't justify buying three shimmer bricks at once. I know that I am going to regret it.

Tell us about the Diamond Dust? They didnt have it at my counter.

The diamond dust is a fab shade; but it is a very light pale gold color, more of a highlight color; if you need to use it on your lid you need to apply several layers to get a more intense color.Now, after I went home I almost kicked myself for buying this product; because I realized that it looks EXACTLY the same as the lighter shade in the Illusionary/Burning ambition mineralize e/s duo from MAC! They are exactly the same except that the MAC one has a little bit more yellow to it, just a bit. Check it out:

Left: BB Gilded diamond dust; right: MAC illusionary/burning ambition

Attachment 25654Attachment 25655

Originally Posted by Thais /img/forum/go_quote.gif The diamond dust is a fab shade; but it is a very light pale gold color, more of a highlight color; if you need to use it on your lid you need to apply several layers to get a more intense color.Now, after I went home I almost kicked myself for buying this product; because I realized that it looks EXACTLY the same as the lighter shade in the Illusionary/Burning ambition mineralize e/s duo from MAC! They are exactly the same except that the MAC one has a little bit more yellow to it, just a bit. Check it out:

Left: BB Gilded diamond dust; right: MAC illusionary/burning ambition

Attachment 25654Attachment 25655

Thanks for the swatch. Now I dont feel too bad about not buying it since I do have that mac shadow.

Back