Cheek stain?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I realllllly want to try this stuff but since i never tried it or know how it looks i want to buy a nicely priced one to start off with.I wanna know what you guys think about stains and tints.I also need to know what color compliments my caramel color complexion.help me out girls!!!

Benefit makes some great ones. However, theyre a bit pricey. For a more reasonably priced one I would check out Sonia Kushak at Target.

I'm buying LORAC's little bottle of lip & cheek stain, can't remember if it's Sheer Luck or Sheer Magic that has a little warmth to it - looked really good against my kind of mocha tan skin.

EDIT 10/03/06:

I've been eyeing lip/cheek stains for a looong time, but I always figured they'd look like crap on me because they look too bright pink (specially Benetint). But I bought LORAC's Sheer Wash in Sheer Magic today, and tried it - it's sooo pretty! I'm completely in love, definitely a keeper. Best way to describe the color is it's like a warm burgundy-ish stain - I got home and prepared myself to be disappointed, but the color is perfect! And it wasn't as hard to apply as I've heard. Swipe a tiny bit on your finger, dab it across your cheek and quickly blend into your skin. The trick is simply to use very, very little at a time and build the color up. And for lips, I used a lip brush which made it super-easy.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know now that I actually bought one. Awesome product.

Try the ones by "Duwop" or "Tarte". They are both easy to use, and you don't look like a clown.

Tarte has a really great limited edition stain trio. It's $30, and I tried it at Sephora. It's a definite lemming.
wink.gif

I've heard lots of great things about Tarte's Cheek Stains. I've never used one personally, so I can't be of too much help. Stila has a cheek stain too, and they have pretty good color choices for women of all skin tones.

MAC has one for $18.50, I think its called something like See thru cheek or something. Maybe you can go to the MAC store and have them put it on you and just see how you like it

I have four from Tarte and I love them, you should get the mini trio one they sell in a set. I know they have it at Sephora and Victoria Secret.

Tarte cheek stains are terrific--I think "Flushed" would be a pretty color on your skin tone (for a very natural look.) But they have several colors which would work--you can look at them on Sephora.com

I only tried Tarte the bronzegoddes one. I like it though it's sticky.

Maybe the other shades aren't sticky. I'm thinking to give it a try again.

I had been wanting to try a stain ever since Red Eye came out with Rachel A. Her lips looked so naturally purple, it was kinda strange and beautiful at the same time! -- If that makes any sense.

So, I've been experimenting and my favorites so far are MAC's See Thru cheek stain gels. MAC's See Thru Lip Stains... Vincente Longo Lip Stain.

I love stains because they come off so natural, you never look dry or cakey. It's just lovely!

Back