Biotherm

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was checking out their website since Mabel had a link to it in a different thread. I was just wondering who has tried Biotherm? And if you have used or use it, what is your favorite products? I was looking at the Hydra-Deto2x Detoxifying Cleansing Foam or Acnopur Anti-Bacterial Purifying Cleanser. I don't want to waste money if it doesn't really do anything special.

I love the Detoxifying Cleansing Foam. It has a wonderful scent and makes my face feel so soft and clean.

I've used the Hydra-Det02x mask and I like it. It's supposed to remove toxins from your pores or something but I'm not sure it does that... It is really refreshing though.

Never tried it... Didn't even know they made makeup! I'm behind too though...

Kim, what's your skin type?

The Hydra Detox cleanser has very small "polishing" particles so that each time you use it, you get mild exfoliation. The Acnopur cleanser contains 0.3% Triclosan, an antibacterial agent, so it helps to kill bacteria that cause blemishes and acne. I have dry skin and I use the Acnopur cleanser when I'm having a particularly bad breakout; it's a bit drying, but not overly harsh.

Biotherm is pretty much my HG skincare line. For sunscreen I look outside the line, but my cleanser, toner, salicylic acid treatment, nighttime moisturizer, and serum all are Biotherm. I have dry skin and these are the products I use: Biosource cleansing milk for dry skin, Biosource softening toner for dry skin, Acnopur moisturizing treatment gel (as my salicylic acid tx), Biosensitive moisturizer for dry skin, and Source Therapie Superactive "perfecting" serum mixed with my moisturizer day & night. I also like their Age Fitness power 2 line, but I'm waiting for my skin to finish calming down before I think about using it.

I used to work for Biotherm, so ask any questions you want. If I don't know the answer, my old CM is only a call away to answer questions about new products.

I've combo skin and these are what I consider great in their line:

~Biosource cleansing gel

~Biosource exfoliating gel

~Biopur purifying mask

~Biosource toner

~Aquasource non-stop moisturizer

I'm gonna buy their new moisturizer, Moisture Intense Guard, and I'll let you know how I like it.
smile.gif

Oh yeah, Hydra Detox mask is fabulous! It does what it says: hydtrates & detoxifies. I use it if I've slept in my makeup the night before because it seems to keep me from getting as many breakouts.

i also have never tried it but ive heard amazing things about their lip glosses

Originally Posted by jessimau /img/forum/go_quote.gif Kim, what's your skin type?
The Hydra Detox cleanser has very small "polishing" particles so that each time you use it, you get mild exfoliation. The Acnopur cleanser contains 0.3% Triclosan, an antibacterial agent, so it helps to kill bacteria that cause blemishes and acne. I have dry skin and I use the Acnopur cleanser when I'm having a particularly bad breakout; it's a bit drying, but not overly harsh.

Biotherm is pretty much my HG skincare line. For sunscreen I look outside the line, but my cleanser, toner, salicylic acid treatment, nighttime moisturizer, and serum all are Biotherm. I have dry skin and these are the products I use: Biosource cleansing milk for dry skin, Biosource softening toner for dry skin, Acnopur moisturizing treatment gel (as my salicylic acid tx), Biosensitive moisturizer for dry skin, and Source Therapie Superactive "perfecting" serum mixed with my moisturizer day & night. I also like their Age Fitness power 2 line, but I'm waiting for my skin to finish calming down before I think about using it.

I used to work for Biotherm, so ask any questions you want. If I don't know the answer, my old CM is only a call away to answer questions about new products.

Hi Jessie.
My skin type is very prone to breakouts. I also have very oily skin. After reading more about the Hydra-Detox I don't think it would really be a good choice. I think it would just aggravate the acne. I was either thinking of using the Acnopur line for times when my skin is breaking out and then like you said using Biosource when its calmer. I have tried so many things for my skin, so I want to be careful and not waste money. I have heard nothing but good things though. What percentage would you say that it has improved your skin? Thanks for all your help!! Its like having my own Biotherm sales associate!!
laughing.gif

I'm happy to help! Trust me, if I didn't have to work at Macy's to do it, I'd still be selling Biotherm and I was a customer before I was an SA.
rockwoot.gif

It's hard for me to give a percentage b/c my skin was pretty good before I started using Biotherm, but using the Acnopur gel 2x/day over my blemish-prone areas has completely eliminated all the whiteheads I was getting and has even reversed the first signs of a couple I saw forming. Probably an 85% difference, I'd say.

You might consider trying the Acnopur cleanser & either the Acnopur toner or the Biopur (oily skin line) toner. Both contain white clay to help absorb oil. The Biopur line also has a moisturizer that helps to absorb and control oil. Are you close to a Biotherm counter? If so, go in and ask for samples. If not, let me know and maybe I can talk my old CM into giving me some I can send on to you.

We don't have a Biotherm counter close by at all. They have the men's line in one the malls and that's it. I was definitely thinking of the Acnopur line and I also looked some at the Biopur line. Thanks for all your suggestions and for sharing how it has worked for you! I'd love to try some samples!

i tried this oxygen peel off mask that i wasnt really impressed with, but they have super awsome makeup though!

i used the pure bright scrub and toner. both good products.

oh and the aquasource gel which is a good hydrator but i think leaves me with a few zits.

I have tried their eyecream, and i have noticed a difference in my dark circles, but I am not sure if its worth the price, $35. I don't normally spend that much on one item!

Originally Posted by mabelwan /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've combo skin and these are what I consider great in their line:~Biosource cleansing gel

~Biosource exfoliating gel

~Biopur purifying mask

~Biosource toner

~Aquasource non-stop moisturizer

I'm gonna buy their new moisturizer, Moisture Intense Guard, and I'll let you know how I like it.
smile.gif

Did you try this yet? I just bought it on Saturday and it seems to be doing something pretty cool to my skin. Normally I get shiny in the t-zone throughout the day but since I started using this it hasn't happened. Even when I use my moisturizer with SPF on top of it (which I thought was the culprit). Really cool product!

Back