How to apply MAC glitter??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi - I would like to buy some MAC glitter sets, cos they look fantastic on eyes, but how do you apply them? They come as loose glitter...do they just stick on eyelids? Or do you need stuff to make them stick?? :S

Mmm...maybe you can put a primer on before. Are you talking about the pigments?

You can buy mac mixing medium, but a little water (damp brush or drop on the back of your hand) or a drop of vaseline can work well. Some people also use aloe vera gel to mix pigments/glitters with.

You could also try Benefit's She Laq to seal the glitter after you put it on.

Hope this helps!

MAC Glitters are not eye safe... They can get into your eyes and possibly cut the eye so we don't really recommend putting them there.

If you want to find out how to make them stick to the skin though, I would recommend MAC's Water Based Mixing Medium for face and body. It is more gentle on your skin than the alcohol based mixing medium.

I would also not recommend using Vaseline or any petroleum based product anywhere near your eyes as it is also NOT eye safe, and IMO I don't think it is a good idea to put petroleum near your eyes. And water as a fixative won't hold the glitter in place over a long period of time and the risk for it getting everywhere including your eyes is pretty much 100%

Ben Nye Liquid Sealer (I think that's the name...)

I like using a matching base of Kryolan Aquacolor makeup, and it does BEAUTIFULLY with helping glitter stick.

Originally Posted by MACGoddess /img/forum/go_quote.gif MAC Glitters are not eye safe... They can get into your eyes and possibly cut the eye so we don't really recommend putting them there. Dang!! That doesnt sound good...so where else would you use the glitter? Thank gosh I didnt buy any cos I can't really see myself using them anywhere else...
Thanks anyway guys!

Originally Posted by mowgli /img/forum/go_quote.gif Dang!! That doesnt sound good...so where else would you use the glitter? Thank gosh I didnt buy any cos I can't really see myself using them anywhere else...
Thanks anyway guys!

Well people wear them in the eye area anyway trust me... People do a lot of things that are not advised, including myself.
vogel.gif

You can use them to make nailpolish, as a body dusting if you are going out and want to look extra fancy, etc.

They have some piggies that are very glittery and work well with the eyes. I suggest using the Mixing Medium to put them on.

Also, if you can find MAC Shimmer Souffle, its awesome. I didn't really care for it when I got it...but after I used it a couple times, I'm hooked and disappointed that they discontinued this item!!!

Originally Posted by MACGoddess /img/forum/go_quote.gif MAC Glitters are not eye safe... They can get into your eyes and possibly cut the eye so we don't really recommend putting them there.
If you want to find out how to make them stick to the skin though, I would recommend MAC's Water Based Mixing Medium for face and body. It is more gentle on your skin than the alcohol based mixing medium.

I would also not recommend using Vaseline or any petroleum based product anywhere near your eyes as it is also NOT eye safe, and IMO I don't think it is a good idea to put petroleum near your eyes. And water as a fixative won't hold the glitter in place over a long period of time and the risk for it getting everywhere including your eyes is pretty much 100%

thanks for the info! i realized that there are a few stuffs about glitters i didn't know!

Originally Posted by TheOpenRoad /img/forum/go_quote.gif You could also try Benefit's She Laq to seal the glitter after you put it on.
Hope this helps!

yay, another use for my benefit she laq! I dind't think of this before, but would give this a try with pigments!

Thanks!!!

Mineral glitter thats not made of plastic or glass or anything unsafe like that is the only stuff you can use on your eyes .. ick dont put that stuff anywhere near. Your eye skin is so sensitive and even if it doesnt get in your eyes, the little plastic bits will dig into your skin and make wrinkles or worse.

Back