Sephora blockbuster palettes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Im wondering if the eyeshadows are any good. I know you cant expect the best for $40 but if its at least ok i'll run down and get me one. Thanks in advance.

I think Jennifer said that the quality is great in the other thread abt this!

I got this palette as a birthday present.

Of course, it is very appealing!! sixty something e/s, thirty something glosses, 7 blushes, a highlighter, and some brushes... All this for only $40!!! You can only buy 3 e/s from MAC or Stila or Lorac etc with this money. LOL

So when I got it I was initially a bit disappointed. I tested the e/s on my hand and even though they were finely milled, they had poor pigmentation. The blushes are ok though.

Today I tried it on my lids. I used UDPP as a primer, then did a brown look. I did have to apply 2 or 3 coats of e/s on the lid and browbone in order to achieve the pigmentation I was looking for; and only 2 coats in the crease and one in the outer V.

Once I achieved the pigmentation I wanted, it actually looked gorgeous. I ended up with a classy brown smokey eye that I had not planned. LOL. I am very pleased with the look, and, so far, the colors have been lasting and not creasing (with the help of UDPP).

The blushes are ok. They are not as pigmented as NARS blushes but comparable to MAC blushes I think.

In summary, you may need to apply 2 or 3 coats of e/s depending on the color you are using, but for $40, I think this is a good deal.

The e/s are certainly inferior to Stila, LORAC, MAC, Milani and Bare Escentuals (which are my favorites), but, again, a good deal for $40.

I haven't tried the lippies yet. I don't like lip palettes, I prefer the tubes. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Just my 2 cents, hope this helps! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks for the review Thais. I was all set to buy one for myself, too good a deal to pass up. Unfortunately, Sephora.com is sold out of these palettes! They won't be back in stock till January! aaaarrrrgh... I wonder if the stores still have them?

Hi, I believe this was the palette Jenn showed me when I stopped by Sephora to see her. It really is a nice palette.

Well I know that the sephora at the Mall of America in Minneapolis, MN, still has them because I saw it there yesterday. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I had been giving some thought to this as well. I worried a little bit about the pigmentation - which is a huge factor when purchasing makeup. I also agree that I like using makeup better though when it's in a tube.

Hi Everyone, I got one the first day it came out. I have mixed feelings about it... Yes, there are a million e/s colors, but many of them are very similar to each other. You won't find any true matte colors here, and no brights. However, the eyeshadows are finely milled, so it gives good texture (& makes them easy to blend) , and I find the color payoff to be alright. The good thing about it is that it's organized on one tray so that if you're looking for something specific, you can see right away the choices you have. The blushes are ok..good sizes, but most of them are just a slight variation of the next, and nothing in the peachy/coral range, which I think is an essential color for blush! I find myself reaching for my NARS, Benetints, and so forth. It's hard to use the blushes without having some of the loose bits spilling over to the next square...so you've got to be careful. The lippies are actually pretty fun. I myself don't have a large lipstick range. So the other day I was craving a pinky-cranberry lip, so i just mixed a couple of the colors from the palette and found exactly what I was looking for! Texture of most of them I would say would be in the traditional range, and color payoff isn't bad. Other thing is that the whole palette is kinda heavy. Awkward to hold in one hand, and you need a big bathroom counter so you can rest the whole palette somewhere flat. The 2 lip brushes that came with it were not the greatest, and the blush brushes were a joke (like most brushes that come with makeup). Bottom line: might be good for someone who is starting out their makeup collection...you can sample a bunch of different plums and pinks from this palette. but just because there are 32 e/s and 8 blushes, doesn't mean it will be the last makeup item you buy! I was hoping that this palette would help me try out more vibrant looks without buying full sized version of say, a matte pigmented yellow...but none of the shades are shiny enough (*sigh*, i can't help but compare it to my MAC pigments), or bright enough. hope this helps!

I'm on the waitlist for this. I don't have any sephora brand e/s yet

Back