How much older or younger?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Poll time...b/c I'm bored!

So, the question is, do you prefer to date someone your age, younger than you or older than you? And how much difference in age?

For me, if I was single, I'd never date anyone younger than me. As long as he is born in the same year as me or before, he's good. But the oldest guy I'll date is ten years my senior.

How about you?

I said same age, but to me thats 2-3 years older or younger. Seems that I tend to go for younger, but thats not intentional...just happened that way.

I have had nothing but bad experiences with younger guys! The youngest I've dated was one year younger and the oldest was five years older! My hubby is almost exactly one year older than me and it's perfect! I'm just so glad I'm not single anymore and have to deal with dating!!

My husband is seven years older than me.. My last boyfriend was 22 years older than me!

I don't think I could date anyone younger than me, either. The guy has to be at least 2 years older than me... since guys are a few years behind girls in maturity. My boyfriend is 2 years older than me, and I think it's perfect. Younger guys are pretty unattractive to me, unless they actually act more mature. I want a man... not a little boy.

I voted it doesn't matter, because it really shouldn't. Buuut, I believe that a female should be with a guy older than her. Like Rejectstar said, girls do mature faster than guys do, so it just makes more sense that way. And when you look at it in terms of marriage and the like, it definitely makes more sense! Because usually, the younger guys want to have a bunch of fun and party and all that, and females of the same age might be ready for marriage. So they'll go for a man who's older, has his life in order, and is also ready for a family.

Though on the other hand, you can't control what happens and who you'll like, and not everyone is the same. So, you could have like, a 17 year old dude who's super mature! And a 21 year old chick who might be very immature. You just never know, lol.

I would have said older, but my b/f is about 3 weeks younger than me. Maturity can be an issue sometimes, but he definitely does not act like the typical 20 yr old guy. He is much more responsible.

I think that pretty much counts as same age!! LOL

I agree that women mature faster than guys, but I only think that applies in the teen years! Once you hit your 20's and 30's most men and women are on the same level! My hubby is only 1 year older but I don't think he's any more or less mature than I am! Sometimes he's way more mature than I am, like when I giggle when someone farts or when we were looking at the instructional diagrams for condoms!! I was laughing so hard, he's like "you're acting like a 13 year old boy"!! LOL

Most guys I have dated were younger, the youngest was 4 years younger. I usually only attract younger b/c I look a lot younger than I am. Oldest was my ex, he is 6 years older than me, my bf now is a few months younger than him. I always said when I am really old I want to be one of those 80 year old rich grannies with a 30 year old stud on my arm, lol. But age doesnt matter that much, as long as you have something in common.

Older . My husband is 4 years older than me. I've dated younger guys but they were nothing but trouble.

my hubby is few months smaller but i feel he is more older by the way he looks at life! i feel that i need a lot of time to see life that way,

and i'm really happy with him, by the way i want tell him i love you :laughing:

i really dont know depends on the guy my husband is three years younger than me

definitely older than me. Most guys my age have limited intelligence/experience. Plus I want someone who can actually balance me out.

Im with someone whos a year younger and thats as young as ill go! if i was single i would prefer someone older but not much older only because there more mature and know alot more. But i think thats only because im 19 and iv still got alot to learn about relationships, but if i was older age wouldnt bother me.

I have no preference, it depends on the person... it is very important to me to be in the same groove as the person, even if it isn't meant to last, times change, people go through phases, and there is not one right person for an entire life, unless you decide to live that way... so I prefer to be on the same level as my current partner, for me it does not come in any race, age or culture group, it comes in very special individualistic ways.

Current boyfriend is 8 years older and that feels about right. I am 29 he is 37. My clock is ticking his clock is ticking....I keep cracking jokes about us having kids in the house at 60.

Back