Foundation help

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am new here... and I need help!

After I wash my face, my cheeks and nose gets really dry. I just put moisturizer and I am good to go. But there are days that I need to put some make-up on...

Here's my problem... everytime I wear make-up (foundation, eyeshadow) my face turns darker (specially my forehead) in just a couple of hours and the oil on my T-zone is just ridiculous. I just put on light make-up. I use press-powder.

My eyeshadow creases too :scared: they don't stay on long.

I want to find a light foundation that I can use, I prefer powder... just enough to brighten my face and not look too made up. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Does the foundation shade you use matches your skin color?

Also do you use any primer for your eyes...bcos primers really helps your eyeshadow to stay longer!

I am not of much help but I am sure others will help u out!Also try doing a quick search on foundations and primers so that u can get answers to ur qn more quickly!

Thanks you guys... I just read about the monistat anti chafing on another thread.

I used to use primers for my eyes, I bought Lancome, but didn't really do much for me then I tossed the whole pot out coz it dried out.

Yes, the color matches my skin but I think the oil makes the color darker. I don't know.

I started reading the boards yesterday, so much information and great board but I couldn't see pics because I didn't have enough post count so here I am posting away! :laughing:

loreal true match foundation doesnt really change color .. maybe you could try that?

Welcome to MUT!

If you don't need a lot of coverage, I would definitely just try a powder foundation. No need for a liquid or cream. Or, you could always try mineral makeup. As for using a primer, if you prefer a matte finish, I recommend DHC Velvet Skin. It's awesome, and feels very velvety.

As for your e/s, I would try using UDPP. Or even MAC CCB over UDPP. They seem to crease less on me together than CCB+Paint.

i used to have the same problem.. then i started using loreal true match mixed with seaweed gel...it gives me the dewy affect too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> try using it without some moisturiser... it worked for me...

welcome to the forum!!!!

I also agree that using a primer would make a difference. I'm still on the hunt for the primer that works for my face (I think lots of ladies use smashbox, Laura Geller spackle, Pure Luxe eraser, MAC Prep+prime, etc), but anyways, for the eyes, most agree on using Urban Decay Primer potion ($14 at sephora).

I also would suggest looking into powder foundation.

Have you tried mineral makeup? There's a MMU forum if you want to look into it.

Good luck!!!

I have ordered some samples from ED, I have tried EB once but it was night time so my face didn't get too oily.

Will the primer help control the oil?

Back