Mixing MMU with Aloe Vera Gel

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was about to give up on MMU, but then I read about mixing mmu with aloe vera gel and decided to try it. I'm so glad I did. I think I've finally found a way to wear mmu that looks natural on me. I mixed both the foundation and blush with aloe vera gel, and I love how they blend together on my face. :rotfl:

wow, never heard of this before, but i'm intrigued!

did you mix them together (aloe vera gel & MMU) and apply it like you would a tinted moisturizer?

and how was the staying power?

Yes, I was actually less oily at the end of the day. Usually, when I apply mmu with a brush, my t-zone is a little oily. Today, my face was pretty much matte.

Yep! I applied the mmu & gel as a tinted moisturizer and just blended it in. I also did this with my mmu blush.

Thanks for posting this! I just got my first batch of MMU and am wondering what the heck to do with it, but I have been mixing my old, conventional foundation with aloe gel with good results, so this makes sense.

I've done this before, and it worked pretty well... but I found the AVG didn't give enough moisture, so my skin would look kinda dry. What I do now is mix my foundation with a little bit of my moisturizer and apply it like a tinted moisturizer all over, followed by a couple layers of just foundation, with a kabuki :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

thanks for the info glad you found a way to make it work for you..

Sounds interesting! thanks for the tip - my face has been a bit sensitive lately, and that sounds like a good solution.

Very interesting..never heard this one b4. How's ur skin feel like now?

ooohhh...this looks like an interesting way to use my mineral makeup...because I don't really like the idea of using lotion with it since my skin gets oily easily...I definitely like the texture of gels much more! thanks for the tip!

Awesome! Thanks for the tip! Glad you figured out something that works for you!

Sounds like a good idea...I have an intense black-green pigment that I want to tone down sometimes. I would think that the gel would give it more of a sheer wash look. Great idea....thanks!

Back