Oily skin?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
ive been blessed with oily skin, and im sick of it! im about to rip my face off if i can't find something to stop it. any suggestions on some cheap products to help?

thanks.

The only thing that I can suggest is Mary Kay oil control lotion #3. I have oily skin, and I use that everyday to control shine. I love this stuff!

hmm thanks shootergirl, ill look for it. uh i don't want to sound stupid, but what is the oil cleansing method?

i have oily skin and the oil cleansing method is the only thing that works! some people use olive oil but i mix olive oil and castor oil in a pump bottle. Apply on my face and sometimes i leave it on while in the shower or for a few minutes. Sometimes, i rinse it off immediately. I then rinse off with a washcloth and moisturise as usual. There are other different variations but thats what "I" do and it has helped reduce facial oiliness tremenduosly for me.

You can try Clarex OC oil control gel.

Wash face first. Aply gel and wait until it is dry.

Apply make up on top.

This is available over the counter at stores that ell pharmaceuticals (in Canada)

This will help to absorb oil throughout the day.

The oil cleansing method will do nothing for my oily skin. I guese there is oily skin and there is excessively oily skin, like mine.

I was on Accutane twice. I have really oily skin and the Aaccutane turned my skin it into a wonderful dessert. But the oiliness has returned. My dermatologist will allow me to go back on Accutane again to curtail the oil, if I want to.

Some things that work for me:

Face Primer b4 Mu (Smashbox Photofinish)

OCM(Oil Cleansing Method)

Clay Mask ( Got2B Pure Intent )

the shiseido pureness oil mattifying moisturizer has powder in it that is designed to control oiliness...maybe that could help? also, using jojoba oil as a moisturizer also tends to reduce facial oiliness.

Witch hazel is great for this! I love it myself. I seems to make my skin very matte. And it's all-natural, and very inexpensive!!!! I use it as a toner, morning and night.

Just be sure to always use an oil free moisturizer (Cetaphil or Neutrogena are both great) because if you over dry the top layer of skin you will cause your oil glands to produce even more oil so over-drying acutally works in reverse...not good.

Let us know what product you currently use atm.

I have oily skin and I find it less oily in winter though. Just make sure don't over do it because over zealous cleansing usually is the main problem for oily skin.

i've never tried oil cleansing method, but neutrogena has done wonders for me. i also use a matifying moisturiser. clay face masks also help a lot.

Back in the day, I use to use Witch Hazel diluted with water 50/50.

I use it as a toner after washing my face. It did help with the oil and was gentle on my skin.

An oil control lotion would be nice and make sure you don't saturate your skin with so many products or it will become oilier.

A lot of girls seem to have had success with using the OCM. MK Velocity and MK Oil Control Lotion both work well too!

You can also try putting a light layer of milk of magnesia under your foundation - a lot of people swear by this. Also, using milk of magnesia or queen helene mint julep as a face mask also helps to cut down on the oiliness a little.

The oil cleansing method is what works best for me though :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back