Ok, i know i'm not alone which makes me feel a little better

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I HATE MY PMS!! My mom has it, so did my granny. I don't mean just having cravings and little stuff, i mean real pms. I have it for 2 weeks or more out of the month. sometimes it's not as bad and i've been doing research on it b/c i just want it gone. From articles i've been reading i know that there are a lot of women out there with the same problems as me. i use to think that i had a chemical imbalance, but now i know different. ok here are my symptoms almost every month and sometimes they are much worse than others. First to let you know that when i'm not pmsing, i'm calm, feel good and don't really let things get to me.

very moody, like really mean and mad, just want to be locked into a room and be left alone.

depressed, crying, feeling lonely and worthless. and crying for hating to feel like this.

tired

sometimes i can't sleep

nausiated

swollen from water retention

can't keep anything out of my mouth

dizzy spells

not wanting to do anything with anyone

not wanting to have sex.

it's just awful, all my husband and i do are fight, and my kids get to me and all i do is hollar. i hate it. but after a day or 2 when i get my period, i'm back to my self and i feel so good and calm. i don't have insurance so i can't really get any tests done, but i have been reading that taking 1200 mg. of calcium helps a lot of people. that not enough calcium can be one of the reasons. does anyone else have this? oh along with this i also do get the tender and swollen breast, cramps and back ache.

no, well i have the mirena iud which is a birth control, and the pills, my body has always had a negative reaction to. i hate it, it did n't start getting bad until i was 19 or 20. then at 21, that's when i started getting sick feeling to my stomach. that's why when i got pregnant the first time, i didn't really know for sure except the sick feeling got stronger and lasted longer, and i didn't have a period. i was on med. before but i didn't know that it was pms that i had, i just thought something wasn't right with me. my mom's the same way, but i don't know if she has all the symptoms i have. she told me that my granny(her mom) would go to her mom's house for a week or 2 while she pmsed. so they didn't have to see her while she was like that. i told my husband and he said he would just take me out to the field and put me out of my misery.so i guess it's hereditary. it's really awful. i hate it when i have it. i read that in severe cases a partial histerectamy can get rid of it. i hope i won't have to do that.

PMS is now recognized as a legitimate disorder. Anti- depressant medications are now being prescribed to help stabilize moods.

Regardless of whether hormones or seratonin are causing an imbalance, there are effective medication that can alleviate the severe syptoms you experience each month.

I tried vitex (agnus castus) its an herb that really really helps PMS, I was in the same boat as you and I tried everything. BC makes me really sick and so I tried this stuff, and it worked. I am no longer bloaty, or angry or have weird cravings or have super huge cramps, I am a lot nicer now and it has calmed me down a lot. Thats my little experience.

Charish I'm like this as well! I get very moody and snappy with people, bloated etc etc. Lasts about 1 to 2 weeks and then I'm back to my lovely happy self hehe. You should be able to get the herb from a health food shop.

Pretty Pink 13 thanks for the rec. Can I ask do you use it every single day or just when you feel you need it?

thanks, yeah it really sucks, and when i get stressed it makes it 10 times worse. it could be something more than pms. i'm not sure, maybe pmdd. i've been on prozac and welbutrin before. it seemed to help the first month but after that it quit. and i'd hate to have to get put on med. b/c i know it hurts you when you try to get life insurance.

I just watched the 6 pm news. They did a special on PMS in the health section.

A new Canadian study showed that low dose birth control pills - Yasmin 23- has been showed to have great success with mild to severe PMS symptoms.

Even if you use an IUD you can still go on a low dosage pill.

oh wow, really? that would be great, but i'm scared to take the pill, b/c in the past the pill has either made me sick to my stomach, break out , moody even more and made my legs get really big and sore knots on them, i mean i could hardly walk. thanks for the info though, i'll have to check into it.

You can get it at the health food store or maybe at a GNC store, you should really consider it, I have talked with many women on other health forums and it has helped them a lot including myself.

Back