Cheap flat irons?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm looking for a good quality flat iron preferrably under $30. Any suggestions?

I'm currently thinking about buying the Andis straightener which seems to be getting good reviews. Has anyone tried this straightener before and if so, how was it?

I've never tried that straightener before personally, as well as I've never heard of it.

As for cheap flat irons, I've had a Conair and I currently have a Jilbere. The Conair ones never worked too well for me, and the Jilbere one is pretty decent. Not as great as a Chi, Sedu or Maxiglide... I think how well it would work depends on how thick and coarse, or even wavy/curly your hair.

I've got a Andis, Hot tools, conair, and a Remington Wet 2 Straight! The Remington is my Favorite!! The cost was 24.00! It keeps my hair straight until I wash it. The andis didn't work well at all for me. the hot tools worked pretty good, and the conair was ok. I have short Very Thick hair so that may be why they didn't work that well for me. My suggestion would be either hot tools, or Wet 2 Straight. JMO!!

We use Andis hair clippers at work on the dogs and they are awesome, but I don't know about hair straighteners. I got an awesome flat iron at Sally's that is just like the Chi. Was $80, but well worth it. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Mine is Vidal Sassoon, and it's ok. I don't think it's as good as my mom's Jilbere.

I have an Andis flat iron, and I like it. The Wet2Straight always dried my hair out.

I love my hot tools curling irons! I can't live without those!

I got a ceramic flat iron at trade secret for $35 (I think), and it works great. Definately get a ceramic one - don't waste your money on that $20 metal conair one.

Mine is a ceramic Conair and it works really well. I have naturally wavy hair and it makes my hair stay straight all day.

Haha, I totally remember that straightener! My sister bought it a long time ago when she was in high school and I remember trying it one day just for fun and it didn't work at all XP

i have a remington wet2straight which isnt that bad ive never tried it with wet hair but its not bad for dry hair

I'm satisfied with the chi...I havent ever found one that's like OMFG amazing. but it does the job.

Hot tools is a g00d cheap hair iron and it last for a pretty long time and my hair looked great when i USED to use it. Now i use the jilbere-titanium tools or paul mitchell hair iron.

I got a Revlon one from Target for about 18 dollars. It works great and makes my hair really soft!

I have a Revlon straightener and I really love it. It is my third straightener...I had Conair products and none of them did the job. I chunked them in the trash and will always stick with Revlon. My hair is very wavy/curly naturally, so this is a great tool to have!

Back