What to get first??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bea

Reaction score
Hi all. I have a few questions...

I have decided to go mineral! These are the products I'm interested in: (I can only get BE here, so thats the brand I'm getting) Foundation, mineral veil, kabuki brush, a blush, concealer, concealer brush. Ok, so my question is what should I get first. I reckon I can get a two, maybe three items, to start with (any more and hubby might not be happy:)). And then I will get more next month. (I have a big TBS powder brush and a concealer from Lancome just in case anyone thinks I could use those for a little while) So pls name the two (and a third) items in the order you think is most important to get me started!

1. Foundation

2. Kabuki brush ( Although I've heard the one from BE isn't very good....)

I agree with Kim about the BE kabuki. The brush is really rough and sheds a whole lot.

If only 3 items: kabuki - foundation - mineral veil

The foundation works great as a foundation as well, so no need to buy it right away. That way you've got your basics. If you only have those, you can still use your regular blush untill you finish it or untill you have enough money to buy mineral blush.

The BE kabuki brush is really good. Only a few people complained it sheds a lot. Also, washing your brushes can stop the shedding. My kabuki brush never sheds and it's really soft. But since you are going to buy it at the store, you can feel it and check it out for yourself.

1. Foundation 2. Mineral Veil 3. Concealer

Just buy a cheaper kabuki for the time being.

First of all try to get the starter kit, it is definitely more bang for the buck, they have it at Sephora and Ulta.

Foundation

Mineral Veil

I have used BE for over 2 years and the kabuki brush is okay but nothing to jump up and down about. If you are going to spend money on a BE brush buy the Heavenly Face Brush it is $30 and the Kabuki is $28. The extra 2 dollars is well spent it is soft and works awesome.

Marilyn

Foundation and kabuki brush, I'd say. The flawless face brush from BE isn't all that bad if you wash it in the beginning. If not, then it feels a little scratchy.

That was really helpful:) I would like to get a cheaper kabuki, but I have never seen a brush like that anywhere else. I'm in Norway. I also have oily skin, so I think I will def need the mineral veil. At least from what I have read. Would it be ok to use the brush I have and then get the kabuki next month?? If I can only buy two things...or will it look crap? I have already spent a lot of money on skin care this month and hubby wants me to slow down my spending!

I tried using a regular powder brush for mineral makeup but it really didn't work very well. I suggest a foundation brush or a kabuki. If you have a Sephora, look at their brushes, not just the BE brushes.

EDM Brushes get good reviews and its only $14 but I dont know if EDM ships to Norway

It's hard to apply mineral makeup without a good brush. I've tried with a sponge and it worked but it wasn't as easy.

Marilyn

I've started using the handy buki brush and it's pretty good, it's $20. Have you tried to order their getting started kit online or over the phone (they have a toll-free #1-800-387-5760) or go to i.d. bareMinerals to order the kit for two payments of $29.99 so it's easier to pay for over two months. The handy buki brush comes in the kit with two foundations, mineral veil, all over face color in Warmth, concealer, three brushes and a great little refillable compact with its own half moon brush, check it out.

I got a BE brush on ebay a lot cheaper than the shops although BE brushes aren't supposed to be great. It's my first kabuki and I find it ok...defniatly need a kabuki for minerals...normal brushes just don't give you anywhere near the same finish.

If I could only get 3 things I would get Foundation, Concealer, Kabuki.

I have used a Foundation brush which for me actually works better than my kabuki for applying. I say a brush of sorts and foundation then you can add stuff from there. Good luck, I have only been using mmu since about September and dont believe I would ever go back it looks great and for some reason makes me feel prettier and fun to learn to apply, every am I am excited to put on my face :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Good luck~~

wohoo:) I splurged (just couldn't wait) and got foundation, mineral veil and the kabuki brush. You all convinced me I just needed this!!! Now I can add the other items as I run out of the things I have got. Probably the concealer will be the first thing. Does anyone use the mineral concealer? What type of brush for that? :laughing: I'm so excited. I'm gonna go wash off my make up and then put on MMU. Even if I'm going to bed in a few hours!

I use mineral concealer with a small concealer brush for problem areas. If I'm having a bad day, I'll use my foundation or kabuki brush and apply a small amount all over my face. Sometimes, I will mix concealer into my moisturizer and apply it that way. It seems I always have something I need to cover up and I'm finding new ways everyday.

I conceal with my BE foundation, I use BE's "max coverage concealer brush". This brush is great! I have a pimple between be eyes at the moment, the shiny red kind, and it's like it's not even there thanks to the concealer brush. You would be amazed what a different effect the same product has with a different brush.

I agree. If the foundation has good coverage, you should try to conceal with it first, before buying an additional product. Especially if you are on a budget. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Just use a good concealer brush, and see what kind of effects you can achieve.

Back