What brand? There are so many!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey Girls!! I have been gone for a while but I am back, and am really needing some help!!! Okay so I am on the hunt for a new mineral makeup brand! I have been using Bare Escentuals, but it is really making my face look shiny and oily! However I dont have oily skin -- isn't that crazy!? I was wondering if you girls could suggest some other mineral brands? I have no clue where to begin now-there are so many:scared: :scared:

Let me tell you about my skin and what I am looking for............ I would say I have dry to normal skin. However it can get oily in the T zone a little--but it is not even enough to really worry about! I have pretty good skin. Only really breakout once a month when Aunt Flow and Uncle Red come to town! Therefore, I dont have anything too severe to cover and hide. However, I do want something that does have good coverage because I have some redness and uneven skin that I want to cover. I also have started getting some pretty large pores on my cheeks near my nose. I want to cover these. Bare Escentuals always seemed to make them look even larger!!! Not cool at all!!!

Well, I guess that is it! Thanks for all your help! Like I said, I have no clue where to start with all the different brands! I am getting married in August and am really looking for the perfect makeup right now. Well I have been for a while but it is more important for me to find the perfect kind before the wedding!! Also, I live in a humid climate especially in August. So I also need something with good staying power and that last to the heat and sweating! Damn that is a lot of info--sorry:laughing: Thanks so much!!!!

Nicole

I think everyone on this board has her favourite brands, but everyone's skin is different. So my advice to you is: SAMPLES!

I agree with getting some samples from different brands, as it will be the only way to find out what really works best for your skin...

I didn't and was lucky that I found the makeup that I'm using, but I wouldn't recommend you doing the same, you may end up getting the wrong stuff for your skin!

Good luck, I hope you find your perfect match soon!

I LOOOOOVE Meow Cosmetics! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />Mineral Makeup by Meow Cosmetics No Bismuth No Parabens

They have some very nice primers - I'll give a review when I receive my full order in about a week. (Long way to Denmark, lol).

They have an insane amount of shades, and their eye shadows are so pretty :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

You'll probably give up already in finding the right shade yourself - BUT, if you post a picture in their forum, they will give you suggestions. Then you order samples, and when it's right well... you have it :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

YOur skin sounds a little bit like mine! ANyway some brands I would recommend then are:

Oceanmist Cosmetics: they have a free sample pack and all you need to pay for is shipping. The foundationn lasts all day and offers great coverage. The colors make my face glow rather than look ashy. I'm Asian so a lot of MMU make my face look dull. Also the fastest shippig I've ever had. Two days in the middle of holiday season they arrived.

Aubrey Nicole: Another great coverage. Their soft coverage is plenty for me even though they offer heavier coverage formulas for their foundation. And I love their finishing powders.

Signature Minerals-super fast shipping with some gorgeous eyeshadows to go with their extensive foundation colours.

Joppa Minerals-Though I will warn you that recently I've heard some people had problems with them. I have never had a problem with them though. My orders have always come in good time and service was fine.

Those are my current top four brands of min

I'd definitely order samples from a few brands to see what works for you. Some of them are very generous with foundation samples so I'm sure you'll find something that works for you.

i tried SEVERAL samples and finally found hg mineral makeup MONAVE, it lasts ALL DAY and looks natural,they have samples also,good luck :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Try samples from several different companies. That's what I did until I found Signature Minerals. Signature works best for me!

there is ultimate face cosmetics. its a mineral makeup and applies easily. thats what i am currently using for my makeup applications.

Well girls I went a little sample crazy last night. I ordered FREE (only pay like $4 for shipping) samples from Ocean Mist, Signature Minerals, and Everyday Minerals. Ocean Mist already shipped my order today-that's crazy! Hopefully one of these will work! I definately need to find something else cause BE is making me look to shiny and I HATE that!!!!

If anyone knows of any other FREE samples let me know! I am on a tight college student budget--Cant wait to graduate and start making some money!

I also looked at Pur Minerals last night. They have no samples although. They have this 4-in-1 pressed mineral foundation. It sounds kinda nice--no mess and easy to carry around in purse. Has anyone tried this before? What did you think about it?

Thanks Nicole:rockwoot: :rockwoot:

Nearly all mineral makeup sites provide samples. Give them a try before you buy.

Ups and downs with Pur Minerals. Ups> comes in a convenient compact.

Downs > contains the itchy ingredient Bismuth Oxychloride (causes itching in many users).

I'd strongly recommend Lumiere and Monave. Excellent quality and beautiful selections. Both offer samples and with Lumiere you get a generous sample package for roughly $3.00. With that you get 3 foundations w/ your choices of finishes, fiinishing powder, blush, and eye shadow. Great deal and great product.

Lumiere Cosmetics - Mineral Makeup

Monave Mineral Make Up

Well, my samples from Signature Minerals came in today!! YEAH!!! That was fast, I placed the order only 3 days ago! Now that is customer service! Not to mention that the samples were free. I only payed 4 dollars for shipping! I got 2 foundations, 2 eyeshadows, 1 finishing powder, and 1 concealer! You get to pick any 6 colors from a long list! I will have to try them out and let everyone know how they work out! Because I know I am not the only one look for new MMU! :rockwoot: :rockwoot:

I like EDM foundation in Matte :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> But only discovered it after going through sample after sample ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Let us know how it turns out! I'm considering ordering some samples from SM, especially considering how much you get for the sample.

I agree with getting samples. Personally I like everyday minerals. Good luck finding the one you love!

I was personally disappointed int he monave sample pd $10 for 4 packets and only one had a generous amout of sample, I was surprosed, hope I like them

What color skin do you have - light, medium, dark? I have some light shades of Ocean Mist samples I'll be glad to send to you (most of them still sealed, others used just once). They have good coverage, it just wasn't the right foundation for me.

Back