Types of Blush

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
There are different types of blush available in the market. It is used to give color and warm to the skin of face. The different types of blush are commonly used on the cheekbones.

The large numbers of women are desired for looking gorgeous with natural glow. Blushers are used for many purposes like make the skin soft, smooth and blushing.

The large numbers of blushers come in the market in different variety of tones, consistencies and hues.

All types of blushers are available in the form of creams, powders, gels or liquids. Each form of blusher has certain goals and they can suit in many situations.

Application of cream and liquid blush is not easy as compared to powder blush. Before applying powder, it must be used. Blush is very easy to use by sweeping any type of blush downward from the ear to mid part of cheek.

In many cases, one applies it from the top of the ear and last part of the apple of the cheek. Always use blush according to skin tone. One should use sheer of blush on the cheek.

This is very necessary to test the blush on the face after doing complete makeup to check it gives balanced look or not. When blush is darker as compared to natural blush colors of the apple of the cheek, there is need to be toned down at daytime.

One can do it by dusting excess powder over any type of blush. Makeup for evening takes a more of the blush, which depends on the desired look of the wearer.

Blush is used to give freshness and brightness to a dull face. But if one uses it heavily and misused, it can give the results of look like a makeup box. The blush in natural color can be find by using touch the toes and bend down for a few minutes and after this stand back up.

The correct color of blush is the cheeks color. One can also select the blush color according to the lip color, which is used by one. One can use blush in different colors like beiges, warm hues and peaches for summer season and during winters, one should use blush in pinks and reds colors.

Powder blush is very useful for oily or greasy skin and combination skin. One must use gel and liquid blush for greasy skin, but for dry skin use cream blush. For moisturized skin, use only staining blushers.

One should put a small amount of bronzer powder on chin, nose and forehead for a healthy suntan. Sometimes, one can use blush according to eye shadow, which is pink, red and rosy.

One can mix it with lip-gloss, lip balm or Vaseline. Blush is brown color is the best for toning down the color of blush. It can also use as eye shadow, bronzer or contour.

Types of Blush

wow thank you this is so helpful. Im thinking of getting this apricot colour blusher, I think it would be suitable to wear during summer, what do u think? apricot is peachy right?

I wear Bobbi Brown's apricot and I love it. I am dark complected. I thought the makeup artist was crazy when I saw it before she put it on me, but it works with my skin tone.

Back