Which colours are in this season?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I have been researching this seasons colours for a competition i am entering. I have to complete a 'cover girl' face which would complement this seasons look. The problem is there are so many looks I don't know which one to pick, any ideas would be appreciated. xxx

i think its violet/purple/lilacs... i was looking at bobbi brown's website and they have this new violet palette. pls checkout bobbi brown cosmetics website

Thank you, I have just had a look and their spring collection looks gorgeous. My model is blonde with pale skin and blue eyes, I would have to have a play about to see if she could carry this look off. Loving the purple look though, funnily enough I'm wearing plum today with eye make up to match.

i had no idea what colors were in, so i'm happy to have read this thread now so I can stay up to date LOL

good luck with the competition - it would be great if you could show us some pics of what you decide to go with!

Thanks for all my good luck wishes, the competition is on the 2nd of february and i'll take my camera with me. I am entered into two categories - cover girl and fantasy. For the fantasy one the theme is centuries and I am doing 'ice-age' with white face, white eyelashes, blue/silver eyes and pale glossy 'glass' like lips. Lots of glitter and crystals aswell. Fingers crossed for me xxx

honestly every color is usually "IN" every season, but majority of the colors i have seen on the net are purples, greens, medium pinks, biegey browns! HTH

yeah i agree with the greens and the violets but green is my favorite color so im wearing a lot of greens

Wow, a competition eh? Well good luck to you! I hope you post some pictures when you are finished!! I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

Other than metalics atm, coming up for spring and summer I've seen a lot of pinks, raspberries, tangerines, plums...lots of "fruit-like" colors in general, plus LOTS of nude/"bare-faced" type looks.

Back