Opinions on this look?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I think I will wear this to the 1920's party I was invited to.

I'm thinking it might not be dramatic enough, but I'm not sure how to give it more impact.

IMG_0235.jpg

IMG_0232.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

Sorry about my scary contact lenses. They look good with this plum shadow though.

lol look at my mascara blotch in image 2!!!! oh well i was in a hurry

I like it! I agree with the liner, just to complete the look.

Which eye shadow is that? It's lovely.

Signature minerals

Plum pizzaz and Dark Terra matte (or something similar to that)

for a 1920's look, i would DEFINETELY add Black Liquid eyeliner and of course RED lipstick. the lips have to be red, dramatic....think marilyn monroe...

I would add darker eyeliner and maybe a darker shadow on the lid, so that there's sort of a gradient going from the lashline to the browbone. Maybe more mascara too, or fake single eyelashes. You still look great as it is though =).

Makeup was simple in the 1920's. Pale powder and cream rouge circles on the cheek-apples. The brows plucked and penciled in thin arches. The lips were painted very red, emphasizing the Cupid's bow of the upper lip, and de-emphasizing the width of the lower lip, creating a rosebud pout. These "bee-stung" lips are unmistakeably characteristic of the 1920s

Here's a link in where you could create a 1920's look.

Create a 1920's Face

I think you look stunning, but I would go with a liquid black liner and red lips instead of a rose color.

I know she wasn't. But she definetely had the 20's look going for her. Dark liner and RED lips.

Shadow looks good, I agree on the more liner and redder lips. Have fun @ the party and gl with the mu!

Back