Guy at work

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
There is this guy at work that I liked. Well one day I was sort of brave and invited him to hang out with me and my friends at this lounge/bar.....

His reply was well maybe... I maybe on call (we are both medical residents) ....He gave me his pager number which we use for work.....not even his Cell phone number.....

I am so hurt that was a clear I am not interested ...he even had his cell phone in his hand when he gave me his cell number....

What do you guys think about a guy giving me his ager number instead of his cell or home number...isnt it a CLEAR SIGN he isnt interested:10:

We arent stranger we talk at work even if you met a stranger at a party of something and you are interested in getting to know them better you give them your phone number NOT YOUR WORK NUMBER

I would have asked him why he was giving me his pager # when thats for work. I would have asked in a friendly way though. lol

that's a tough one. I'm not sure.. maybe he felt since he knows you through work that he should give you a work related number in case you weren't asking him out 'like that' - but I'm not sure. What the hell are you going to do with a pager number?

Couldn't he have just said 'that sounds great - I'd love to go out for drinks as a friend.' IF he wasn't interested??

Guys are jerks

:hit: hehehe

hmm. some guys i know tell me that they don't like dating women that they work with. their saying is, "you dont' fish off the company pier." i guess it makes things too complicated and uncomfortable if anything happened between you guys but didnt' work out? that could be a reason...

Don't take this the wrong way but:

Maybe he has had a similar situation present itself and it turned into a regret or even worse, a disaster.

Or perhaps he has a relationship, that he has never talked about, and he doesn't socialize with others unless she is pressent.

Or He might be the kind of guy that likes to be friendly at work, but at the same time is professional.

Meaning - he doesn't mix business with pleasure.

yup. the guy just doesnt want to go out with you. that doesnt mean there is something wrong with you tho. he has his reasons. i wouldnt dwell on it. by the way he was a jerk for not having the balls to tell you no straight away. if i were you i wouldnt even bother to talik to him anymore.

I think it would be best to stop assuming and just ask him if he actually wants to spend time with you outside of work. Easy, and no worries about it wonderwing about the "what ifs".

My roomie is a medical resident as well, his deal is he will not date anyone from work. Hang out with friends yes, but no dating.

I would just blow him off and move on to the next guy. (just my 2 cents)

After all, you approached him, he didn't approach you. Seems as though he sees you as one of the guys.

It doesn't sound like he's interested, I wouldn't waste time on him, find a guy that sounds like he IS interested and would definetly want to hang out.

Maybe he gives out his pager number automatically if he uses it alot. I'd ask him again and show that you are still interested.

I'm not the right person to ask about work romances as I'm getting married to a fellow lab tech:love5: . They can work though!

you've made the first move........he know's you are interested...........don't call him or say or do anything..............if he's interested in you he'll come ask you why you never contacted him for drinks!!!

Maybe he's just keeping it casual just in case it doesn't work out. And then he'll give you his real one next time (if there is one). When my hubby asked our friend for my number, I just gave my pager number. He called and after that, I gave him my home phone number.

Back