Madeleines!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
absolutely french and delicious. one of my favorite cakes.

this is what it looks like :

madeleines2bo4.jpg

talking about madeleines, there is a lot of recipes. my mom with her few cookbooks had already three different. this is mine, i tried it several times and my family loves them.

this is an easy recipe and really funny to make (and yummy).

Prep time : 20 minutes

Cooking time : 10 minutes

this is for 30 madeleines.

4 eggs

200g flour (you can also use cornflour)

200g butter

180g sugar

1/2 pack yeast

just a bit of salt

optional : cinnamon/a few drops of lemon juice/8 drops of orange-flower water

1.melt the butter (microwave oven/saucepan).

2. mix together : eggs, sugar, salt (cinnamon etc if you like) until you obtain a "white" mixture with little bubbles. it's pretty obvious when you mix all the ingredients.

3.add the flour and the yeast (i usually mix the two together before). mix.

4.add the butter. mix.

5*.now put it in the mold (greased and floured) and bake 10 minutes 200°-220°C. the oven must be pre-heated.

now, you can add different ingredients to make different madeleines :

-my favorite trick is to add a teaspoon of matcha tea (the famous powder green tea) in the mixture. heat a glass of milk (about 5cL) and infuse the tea 2-3 minutes, then add it in the mixture.

-you can add almond powder, i use 100g.

-chocolate ! i mean dark chocolate. i generally separate the mixture in two halfs, and add about 100g of chocolate to one half.

-chocolate chips (1 pack-125 g).

*i use the special mold for madeleines(see thumbnail), depending on how big yours is, you might have to repeat this several times. i like to grease and flour the mold each time, but it's not always necessary.

you can use any type of mold, i also use this recipe when i want to bake a basic cake ^^.

Aude my hubby will be happy! lol he loves madelines I must be the only person in france that doesnt like them.

of course not, Kat ! some of my friends don't like them too. tell me how your hubby likes them.

little lisa : those molds are in silicone. i prefer the old ones. mine is round but i couldn't find a good pic of it.

I have no idea what the conversions are but I am sure that I can find it online to make these!

I LOVE MADELEINES! lol. I had a chocolate one covered in chocolate before... to die for! YUM.

Back