I love Quinoa

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
first, thanks to Feverdream who made me discover it ! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

so i decided to cook last friday (yes, miracle happens, lol). i decided to try two things and it turned out good and yummy, so i thought i'd share with you. never be afraid to try new things !

the first recipe is from Marmiton.org, i love this site ( it's also translated in english, but not for all the recipes :/ ).

quinoa&vegetables

4 servings

cooking time :15 minutes

prep time :10 minutes

-1 glass of quinoa

-2 glasses of water

-1 red /green pepper

-1 tomatoe

-1/2 onion

-a dash of cumin (optional though)

-salt, pepper

-thyme

-2 tbsp olive oil

peel the tomatoe and cut it in pieces.

cut the red pepper and the onion in thin slices.

take a fryer, hot the oil and saute the vegetables. add salt, pepper, cumin.

add the quinoa and stir. add the water (to my liking 1 glass & 1/2 should be enough) and the thyme.

let it stew at low heat until all the water is absorbed. enjoy :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

my own version of my mom's rice pudding recipe :

4 servings

prep&cooking time : 45 minutes

-200 g (8 oz) quinoa

-1/2 L soy milk

-4 tbsp sugar*

-1 pack vanilla sugar (optional) *

boil the quinoa for 5 minutes in a big saucepan (make sure it's covered by the water). rinse the quinoa and allow it to drain.

in a big saucepan, put the milk, the quinoa, the vanilla sugar. let it stew at medium/low heat half covered by a lid, until all the milk is absorbed (this can take some time).

allow it to cool down a bit before you add sugar.

you can either eat it hot or cold, both are delicious.

*vanilla sugar is pretty common here, i don't know if it is in the us.

if you want to make vanilla sugar, a simple way is to take your basic white sugar and put it in a box with one or two vanilla beans. (1 pack =8g/ 1&1/2 teaspoon).

if you don't have/want to use vanilla sugar, you can add more sugar, the original recipe contained 9 tbsp.

my mom and dad loved both recipes, and even my brother's been brave enough to taste it:rotfl:.

I just noticed this thread - glad to know I was able to turn you on to quinoa! I haven't really gotten too inventive with it beyond boiling and eating, but that rice pudding recipe sounds delicious, I'll definately try it.

Back