Eyeliner sealants

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Lately I've only been using my loose mineral eyeshadows (dry) but I want to venture out to the other side....using them wet!

There are so many brands of sealants out there. I currently have La Femme and Ben Nye Liquiset for cake liner/pressed eyeshadow. Is there a difference between those and the ones that specifically are targeted for mineral eyeshadow??

I see lots of ladies using Milan Gelle drops and MAD Minerals eye sealant. Is the texture of Milan a lot easier to use because it's thicker??

I've never used a sealent. I just dampen my brush and apply the pigment as liner and I've not had a problem with it. Stays on all day when I do it.

Thanks ladies. I just did a test run with the Ben Nye, La Femme and water with my Fyrinnae Arcane Magic Mystic. I like the La Femme or water because it brings out the sparkle and depth of the e/s. Ben Nye Liquiset made my colour darker but dulled it out a little.

I just use water, but my makeup generally doesn't last THAT long (right now i can't get my hands on any UDPP, being in Aus.
frown.gif
)

I have an eyeliner sealant from a MMU company (it's closed). It looks similar to the one that J.Lynne has on her site. The packaging is the same at least. I know that J.Lynne does not produce that herself which she states on her website.

To be honest, the eyeliner sealant that I have is worse than using just plain ol water. I prefer water or visine.

I've heard that if you use the visine "gel" formula then that would work better than the regular visine. I will have to try that.

I've heard rave reviews for Milan's Gelle Drops. I've heard it stays put and makes the colors more vibrant, and not to mention hard to take off as well.
laughing.gif

Thanks for the tips and suggestions.

I tried the Milan Minerals website but it doesn't work for me. Does anyone have the link? Thanks!

I got the Milan Gelle Drops after reading all the raves on this board, and I really like it! I don't really wear eyeshadows just eyeliners. This stuff mixed really well with the mineral pigments, the color remained vibrant and since it's a gel, applied as well (if not better) as any liquid liners. Once dried, this puppy won't budge until you are ready to take it off!!
biggrin.gif

Btw, Milan is changing web host and it's taking longer than expected. You can check on her forum on Delphi, (not sure if I'm allowed to post the link, pm me if you can't find it) that's where she's keeping us posted for the time being.

I've got a Meow sealant and really love it for wet lining. The line stays put all day long. I do have to use slightly more pigments than I usually do because it dilutes it out a little. But used with enough pigments, it makes a nice, strong line. I heard that Milan Gelle Drops don't dilute the pigments out, so it might be better.

Milan's gelle drops are good. I just have a hard time rinsing out the mixing bowl or brush i used it with because it really doesn't budge or wash off easily.

are milan's gelle drops waterproof ? I'm wondering if it's the equivalent of MUFE eye seal, which is rather expensive.

Originally Posted by cescils /img/forum/go_quote.gif are milan's gelle drops waterproof ? I'm wondering if it's the equivalent of MUFE eye seal, which is rather expensive. Once dried, Milan's gelle drops won't come off with water alone, though it can be removed with soap, cleanser or eye makeup remover, so I guess it is waterproof. I haven't used MUFE eye seal, so I can't compare.

I think too faced and urban decay both make a liquid that claims to turn your loose eyeshadows into liquid liner, but I haven't tried either. And there's also benefit's "She-Laq"

Originally Posted by Piximus /img/forum/go_quote.gif Once dried, Milan's gelle drops won't come off with water alone, though it can be removed with soap, cleanser or eye makeup remover, so I guess it is waterproof. I haven't used MUFE eye seal, so I can't compare. Thanks for your answer, I will try once we can reach the site again

I love Milan Gelle drops. They are a gel so it doesn't take much at all. I put a drop on the back of my hand. Dip my brush into it and then dip into the minerals adhering to the lid. Usually this is enough to do the job. If not, I dip into minerals and mix a bit in lid. Once I am done lining, I wash the brush and my hand with soap and water- rubbing fairly vigorously because the stuff stays put. Love how intense it makes my liners. For all over lid coverage I will sometimes pat a little onto my lids and then brush on e/s.

I've tried Smashbox liner stuff that was supposed to make any e/s into liner but found it made the minerals look weak and faded.

The one from bare escentuals is nice, once you apply it NOTHING makes it smudge etc, only makeup remover can make it disappear.

Originally Posted by princessmich /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have never experimented with a sealant since I mostly use the foiling method. Stays put
smile.gif
what's the "foiling" method you mentioned?

Back