Another question about CHI and Sedu flat irons

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone, well I went on Folica and looked at the chi reviews. A lot of them kept saying that the flat iron stopped working after a year, or that the plates fell off or that it woulden't stay on, in other words, good results, but bad durability. Has this happend to you guys? Aslo, they kept recommending the Sedu flat irons, which I think Jennifer Aniston owns one, what do you guys think of these?

I think anything will break it you overuse it, but I have had one for over a year and she's still alive!!!

Originally Posted by Aprill849 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think anything will break it you overuse it, but I have had one for over a year and she's still alive!!! Good to know! I sooooo want a CHI!!!!!!!

I think it breaks especially for those that use it everyday. You need to give your hair and the flat iron a break. Mine better last for 5 years. lol

well, I'm currently using a CHI, and I received it in Dec.

It's now JUNE, and I'm doing pretty well with it. No signs of any plates falling off, no signs of slowing down. I DO think the heating takes a little longer though - but maybe that's just because I'm impatient.

Anyway, if you really desperately need the iron, I think it's worth it, because CONAIR straighteners don't compare - or at least not for me.

I'm an asian with relatively fine hair, so maybe you could compare.

Anyways, good luck with it all, and it's an investment worth making. : )

Thanks ladies
smile.gif
im not sure, I think im leaning towards a Sedu now. Im confused!

Lol, yeah, I was debated between the Sedu and the CHI too... I went with the CHI. I love it!! My friend has had her CHI forever, and she's dropped it several times and it still works fine! And I was looking at the before and after pics of the CHI and then of the Sedu, and they don't look that much different, so I went with the CHI to save 30 or 40 dollars... but if you are just overflowing with cash, it might be worth it to you to get the Sedu, depending on your hair type. If your hair isn't that curly, go with the CHI and save yourself the money.

HTH!!
smile.gif

yeah, CHI's are awesome. I had a limited edition solia that went poop after about 2 months.

I have the CHI and it will be a year since I've had it and there are no signs of it braking down or anything.I use it almost every day to, I don't know what I would do without it.

Originally Posted by Aprill849 /img/forum/go_quote.gif What are u confused about? About which one to get.
Well I ended up getting the Sedu. I went to buy this Lena one that was $30 and then I turned and next to all the CHI there was just one Sedu left! I grabbed as soon as I saw it because I saw some girls that were about to pick it up. I had in my hand for over and hour debating wheter I should buy a CHI or a Sedu. Finally the hair stylis at the ULTA salon came over and said I looked confused and I told her why. She said that she owns a CHI and Sedu and that they both worked great. She was sooo nice! She said that she could never pick one over the other so she offered to wash my hair for free and dry it normally and try both the CHI and Sedu. So we tried the CHI on one half and the Sedu on the other. I saw the same exact results except that the CHI kept pulling my hair. So I went with the Sedu. Also my mom has real curly thick just weird hair and we tried both on her and the Sedu seemed to work better on her. So yes! I finally have a new flat iron
smile.gif
I am so excited. I will still, however, continue to use my CREATE flat iron, which Ive had for 4 years and still works like the first time I used it!
rockwoot.gif

i would go with the chi if your gonna get one go to a salon and buy it , if you get it online the company doesnt honor the warranity

I bought a Sedu and was disappointed. I had such high hopes. I used ton of different products and techniques. It could just be because I lack the ability to flat iron. I have had someone else use a chi on my extremely frizzy course hair and it was stick straight. it could just be that a pro was doing it. I'm not sure.

I do know how you feel about the confusion. I researched the chi and sedu for months.

Back